This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Computers At Work! Yay!

Got to work at the restaurant where I cashier today... Manager S immediately pulls me aside and says, "Computers are down. We're doing everything by hand tonight."

The whole night, everyone had to do everything (ring up orders, put tickets back for food, check people out) entirely by hand. The ONLY plus was that the credit card machine was still working.

And, on this Wednesday in the middle of the week, is there any possibility that the great gods of public desire will be merciful? Could we, perhaps, have a slow night?

HELL no. We did more than 1300 dollars tonight. For a small cheap restaurant, that's a LOT of steady business. I ended up getting out about an hour later than normal, because S needed me to help her total up all the tickets so we could count down my drawer properly.

On the bright side, I was only off by five cents! Silver lining, I guess. I REALLY hope this is fixed by the time I get there tomorrow.
    We are actors! We are the opposite of people! -Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

All we can do is hate. And they ALL deserve it.
Working...
X