This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go suck a wet one Murphy...

Murphy's Law; Anything that could go wrong, will go wrong.

My supervisor is taking the week off, so it's just me, two other clerks and the cleaners until Sunday. A heat wave has been slowly rolling in and has hit full blast for the last two days. We thought it would be a breezy if busy week, but unfortunately that didn't last long.

On Wednesday, allegedly one of the guests was harassing one of the houses that border our property. Our property basically cuts through the middle of the block we're on with the motel rooms taking half the block and the pool and a spare carpark at the back. Allegedly the guest was under the influence and kept approaching their window to stare inside and hammering at them. It got so bad they called the police, but they couldn't press anything as technically the guest wasn't on their property.

The guests alleges however that he didn't do anything wrong and that the neighbours were spying on him. We do have a CCTV camera up the back but lately the connection has been playing up, so we haven't been able to review the footage. Well, we've warned the guest that if we hear another report, we'll have to kick them.

Yes, I know it's not fair but we have to do something right.

Next up is the heatwave. It's been 30 Celsius (86 Fahrenheit) lately and of course people are gonna want to use the pool. Unfortunately, the filter broke down and needs to have some of its parts fixed, so the water is starting to get murky. We decided for safety's sake to mark the pool as out of service, because we don't know what could be floating around in there.

This also happened just before the national holiday weekend down here so all the holiday-goers are gonna want somewhere convenient to cool off. There is a beach in the area, but it's still a 15 minute walk. I bet people are still gonna act like we're responsible for their bad experience just because of the pool. Look, we have a pool guy come every week to do maintenance and clean the water. The filter is getting on with time, so I wouldn't doubt it if one of the parts suddenly broke down. Until then, suck it up and use the air conditioners.

My other petty grievances:

We are a motel, so we provide the basic stuff. We have plates and some cutlery in the rooms, but please don't assume we have full dining sets like bowls etc. If you're gonna buy a crap ton of food, at least buy your own bowls and plates. If you want that luxury go to a hotel or a holiday apartment.

No, you cannot smoke or have open flames in the rooms. We have designated areas. If you wanna do it, fine. But have fun with the $2000 false alarm fee.

If you're going to make a booking, at least have the decency and planning skills to come down before your friends and check in yourself. We can have others check in on their behalf, but unless they inform us it's a pain.

Ugh, this heat is getting to me.

Also to everyone in Adelaide and Melbourne, hang in there and drink plenty of water.

Man, sounds like a lot of irritations adding up to a big pain! I hope things improve!

I'll trade you single-digit temps and a foot or more of snow for the heat, though...
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      I'll trade you single-digit temps and a foot or more of snow for the heat, though...
      Amen! I hate winter.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
        Amen! I hate winter.
        Anything's better than oobleck!
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
        X