X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aren't we adorable?

Me and the goddaughter*

*Yes that is a MLP/Dr.Who crossover T-shirt.No you can't have it.
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Dr Whooves and Derpy for the win
    Seph
    Taur10
    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

You say "goddaughter", but those two faces sure look to be related by blood. Niece?

Comment

AFAIK, godparents can be related to the child (tho I guess non-relatives are less common). IIRC, my Godfather was a priest friend, while my Aunt is my Godmother.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

She's not an official goddaughter..its easier to explain than sister's-best-friend's-daughter. Her mum is 2 days older than my sis and is our next door neighbour if you don't count a few fields between.
          Since l don't have kids l get to do all the fun things with them. Absolutely adore her but not related at all(would have loved the chance with her mum but the hubby might have a view...)Did get to go to her wedding and l look like a 70s Mafia member.There's a pic l must find....
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            AFAIK, godparents can be related to the child (tho I guess non-relatives are less common).
            I did a bit of a Wiki hunt. It appears to vary by denomination, but general rule of thumb is that the person is fully baptised/confirmed by their church at least. Although apparently in Orthodox churches, the best man and/or maid of honour/bridesmaid act as the godparents for the couple's children

Comment

Working...
            X