This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One last update:

Doggie is back to 100% and is doing great. great appetite, lots of energy again, low dose steroids, lots of plate licking and begging and Hersey Squirts are going away to more solid stuff.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Hooray!

10char

Comment

Yay! Please give the pup some extra hugs from me and tell her the humans say she needs to stay healthy and not scare her person like that.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Doggie may have had a relapse. Stopped eating Monday night The Vet had previously told me that I could adjust the steroid dose as needed so will do that for a day or two.

Comment

We adjusted (upped) the steroid dosage and saw an improvement. BUT it worried me so made a vet appointment for today. Doggies belly has grown in size over the last couple of days so this was also a concern. she also still has the Hersey Squirts.

Appointment happens and the news is NOT good. Even the vet was concerned about the enlarge belly. He did an ultrasound and took a fluid sample.

The ultrasound showed a mass and the fluid sample showed some signs of cancer. Dr.'s diagnosis is yes the mass is cancer and the cancer will win it is just a matter of when not if. Doggie could have a couple of weeks or a couple of months. SO now we are trying higher doses of the steroid pill so we can some of her system back working so her belly will process the trapped fluid.

SO yes I am going to lose another friend soon.

Comment

Oh no! I'm so so sorry to hear that!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Oh, man. I'm so sorry.
                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I'm so sorry.
                  Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

My sympathies and condolences. May her memory be a blessing.

Comment

Well she is gone. She was retaining way too much fluids and had almost lost the ability to walk. She was having difficulty breathing because of the fluid retention and could not seem to find a good position to sleep.

I took her to the vet for the final time a couple of hours ago and had her euthanized

DAMN DAMN DAMN

Thank you all for your support

Comment

It is always tough to make that call. It is the burden of being a pet owner.

May you always keep the memories of the good time you had in your heart. We'll say a prayer for you.
                        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                        Save the Ales!
                        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

It has been a week now and I HATE coming home to an empty house again.

Comment

I am so sorry. I know you'll always keep her in your heart.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                            X