This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlocking your true potential...

A bloke is sitting by his car at the side of the road looking unhappy. A passer-by sees his glum face and asks what the problem is. "I've locked myself out of my car"
    replies the man. "That's not a problem" replied the passer-by, "Step out of the way, and let me try rubbing my b u m on the door".

The motorist is a bit perplexed, but reckons there's no harm in it letting the man try - it might be worth a laugh.
    The passer-by turns his bum to the car and slowly rubs it up and down the driver's door. Suddenly, the lock opens and the passer-by turns and opens the car door.

"That's amazing!" says the motorist, "How did you do it?"

"It's easy" replies the pedestrian,......................... "I'm wearing khaki trousers"
    When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

That took me a minute. After I got it, my first reaction was to hit something.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Okay.
      I give up.
      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

khaki... (sounds like...???)

(for those still not - CarKey pants... probably doesn't work if you say it as Ka-ky. I'd pronounce it as Khar-Kee)
        When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
          (for those still not - CarKey pants... probably doesn't work if you say it as Ka-ky. I'd pronounce it as Khar-Kee)
          Ooooooooohhhhhh.
          I should have recognized the joke was British, what with words like "bloke", "bum", and "trousers".
          "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
            Ooooooooohhhhhh.
            I should have recognized the joke was British, what with words like "bloke", "bum", and "trousers".
            Took me a few secs too - but my first thought was that they should have made the two characters Bostonians - I think our Cah-kee sounds more like khaki than the cockney.

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
              Ooooooooohhhhhh.
              Close - but no cigar*. But you're forgiven

Yep - we love our 'blokes' and 'bum's as much as the next person... (in a manner of speaking, that is....)

Slyt

*(well - actually, not even close.. I mean, it's the opposite side of the planet... but anyways...)

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
                Close - but no cigar*. But you're forgiven

Yep - we love our 'blokes' and 'bum's as much as the next person... (in a manner of speaking, that is....)

Slyt

*(well - actually, not even close.. I mean, it's the opposite side of the planet... but anyways...)
                Well, now, you should have made it more easily recognizable. Add in a few characters named "Bruce", talking about "poofters", and I'd have gotten it!.

Comment

Revamped version to make it more recognisably Australian"

A bloke is sitting by his car at the side of the road drinking a beer and looking unhappy. A passer-by sees his glum face, puts down his beer and asks what the problem is. "I've locked myself out of my car"
                  replies the man. "That's not a problem" replied the passer-by, "Step out of the way, and let me try rubbing my b u m on the door".

The motorist opens another beer and is a bit perplexed, but reckons there's no harm in it letting the man try - it might be worth a laugh.
                  The passer-by opens another beer and turns his bum to the car and slowly rubs it up and down the driver's door. Suddenly, the lock opens and the passer-by turns and opens the car door.

"That's amazing!" says the motorist, opening another beer. "How did you do it?"

"It's easy" replies the pedestrian, finishing his beer and opening another......................... "I'm wearing khaki trousers"

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                    Revamped version to make it more recognisably Australian"

A bloke is sitting by his car at the side of the road drinking a beer and looking unhappy. A passer-by sees his glum face, puts down his beer and asks what the problem is.
                    It's Fosters.
                    ludo ergo sum

Comment

Re-revamped version to make it more recognisably Aussie, but I still don't think it would work unless you heard someone with the accent pronouncing it.

A bloke is sitting by his car at the side of the road drinking a Foster's, watching kangaroos bounce by, and looking unhappy. A passer-by sees his glum face, takes a swig of his Foster's, and says
                      "G'day mate, what's the problem?"
                      "Oh, G'day mate. I've locked myself out of my car"replies the man.
                      "That's not a problem" replied the passer-by, "Step out of the way, and let me try rubbing my b u m on the door".

The motorist opens another beer and is a bit perplexed, but reckons there's no harm in it letting the man try - it might be worth a laugh.
                      The passer-by finishes his Foster's and opens another one, then turns his bum to the car and slowly rubs it up and down the driver's door. Suddenly, the lock opens and the passer-by turns and opens the car door.

"That's amazing!" says the motorist, opening another beer. "How did you do it?"

"It's easy" replies the pedestrian, finishing his beer and opening another......................... "I'm wearing khaki trousers"[/QUOTE]

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
                        It's Fosters.
                        Nah, Fosters' is the crap that we export, while keeping the good stuff for myself.

Although I have a dillemma... I live in the home town of Cooper's brewery (which regularly wins international beer contests) but if I drive for a couple of hours north, south or east I'm in one of the world's best wine regions (Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale or Clare Valley). So do I drink wine or beer?

(answer: both. But not simultaneously).

oh, and if I drive west for a couple of hours I'll drown.

Comment

Nah, Fosters' is the crap that we export, while keeping the good stuff for myself.
                          That was his problem, drinking Foster's, not locking himself out. I spent myyoung years in Glenroy.
                          ludo ergo sum

Comment

XD can I put that in my signature? I just about died laughing on that LMAO
                            "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
                            ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

that's funny, because if I drive a few hours west I will want to drown (there is nothing to do between salt lake and reno except watch the endless deserts and mountains wishing for a semi to cross the median and end your misery... and I have to make the drive sunday, so if I don't post on sunday evening or monday it's because a semi crossed the median and saved me the ungodly drive).
                              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                              X