Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really; I believe there was a rebuttal that I found very funny and well thought out. Can't find it for the life of me, tho.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
      And #11 confuses me, why would you put salt in your tea?
      It's a reference to the Boston Tea Party.

Also, I'd like to remind everyone not to let this joke turn into a gun debate. I balked at approving some of these post, and I'd hate to have to close a joke thread.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Tea_Party

That should explain all. ^^
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post

That's the only response I have.
          agrees - totally awesome, I showed it to an American colleague, he loved it - thought it was great humour.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
            It's a reference to the Boston Tea Party.
            Ah, okay then. I guess that makes sense. (Can someone pass the sugar?)

Other than the one, I thought it was kinda funny.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              You may have invented potato chips, but it was us Canadians that decided they needed to created in every flavour known to man regardless of sanity. >.>

Really? . . . Hey, were you the ones who came up with the Dill Pickle potato chip?

I have often said this, and I still stand by this opinion :

Flavoring a potato chip like a pickle is just wrong.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post

Note: THIS IS A JOKE. Posting this cuz I have posted this JOKE elsewhere and had rantage from people who can't see that this is a JOKE.
              I will say, in all honesty, that in my mind, this joke commits THE ULTIMATE OFFENSE that any joke can commit :

It's not funny.

And by that, I mean that it's not funny in the same sense that "If it doesn't scan, it must be free, right?" is not funny.

You can only hear so many variations of the same "Americans are dumb, ignorant, arrogant, violent, etc." theme before it becomes tiresome . . . Especially when there are over a dozen of them all in the SAME long joke.

But, to each their own. I'm sure that there are a fair number of jokes that I find amusing that other folks here would be bored by as well.
              “Excuse me. Is this bracelet real jade?”
              “Ma’am, this is a thrift shop. The tag on the bracelet says $1.50. It comes with a matching mood ring. What do you think?”
              “I don’t know.”
              “Yes, it’s real.”

Comment

Second reminder that this is not fratching.

Do NOT turn this into a debate about American bashing, either.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                  Do NOT turn this into a debate about American bashing, either.
                  If my last post was problematic, I apologize.

I would just like to make one thing clear : I did NOT find this joke to be offensive, in any way, shape, or form.

The whole reason that I brought up the "If it doesn't scan, it must be free, right?" joke as a comparison was to emphasize that I found the joke too repetitive. That was the only reason I didn't laugh at the joke - not because I had any objection to the subject matter.
                  “Excuse me. Is this bracelet real jade?”
                  “Ma’am, this is a thrift shop. The tag on the bracelet says $1.50. It comes with a matching mood ring. What do you think?”
                  “I don’t know.”
                  “Yes, it’s real.”

Comment

Does this mean we're not allowed to put beans or corn in our Shepherd's Pie anymore?
                    "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

I think everyone should just lighten up.

I've always liked this one- I still get a kick out of it. However, everyone has different tastes. I hear many 'hilarious' jokes (oh, yeah- this one's a knee slapper) that I don't find amusing.
                      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                      HellGate: London

Comment

I've already pledged my life to the Queen and can play God Save the Queen blindfolded. I agree to 80% of the requirements proposed.
                        Telling a cop, "My taxes pay your salary!" is dumb.
                        Telling a cop you demand your shit without paying taxes is even more dumb.
                        -Automan Empire

Comment

Quoth Anthony K. S. View Post
                          Really? . . . Hey, were you the ones who came up with the Dill Pickle potato chip?

I have often said this, and I still stand by this opinion :

Flavoring a potato chip like a pickle is just wrong.
                          We have chicken flavoured Lays chips.

Comment

Quoth Utter_iMADNESS View Post
                            We have chicken flavoured Lays chips.
                            Think I'll stick with Salt & Vinegar.
                            "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                            HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                              Think I'll stick with Salt & Vinegar.
                              You know why they call them Salt and Vinegar flavored potato chips?

Because they wouldn't sell any if they called them "unwashed foot" flavored potato chips.

Bleccchhhhhh.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Mmmm, salt and vinegar. The kettle chips ones are the BEST.
                                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                                X