X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comcast changes customer's name to profanity

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/comcast-...-to-profanity/

She must have been a difficult customer in someone's opinion, because they actually changed her first name to "Asshole" in the system. And then ran into issues trying to get it changed back.

I have to say I've been tempted to do something like that, but never have. Some customers, though...
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I admit to understanding being tempted, but IMO it's totally immature and unprofessional to actually DO it.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Not the first time this has happened at Comcast. In 2005 a lady's bill was addressed to B***h Dog.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/9001509/ns.../#.VMrYqB6BFjI

Comment

Quoth Titi View Post
          Not the first time this has happened at Comcast. In 2005 a lady's bill was addressed to B***h Dog.
          IIRC, she sued over that..you'd think that some higher-ups would mention that in training.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Not another one
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
              Not another one
              To borrow from Stephen Lynch...

"If I could be a Superhero,
              I would be Super Bitch..."

But in all seriousness, what's with employees doing this? I get that call centers are VERY stressful jobs, but I don't see a reason to do this other than spite or malice.
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Totally agree. And I hope we're above all that. Sure we might call our SC's names on the forums, but altering someone's bill like that is IMO the same as a food worker tampering with SC's food. You just don't do it no matter how much they piss you off!
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Looks like Time Warner Cable is getting in on the act.
                  This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Isn't this what account notes are for? "Customer is extremely difficult" and whatnot?
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                      Isn't this what account notes are for? "Customer is extremely difficult" and whatnot?
                      Yep. I read the story about the Comcast customer and couldn't help wondering what she was like when dealing with them. But that doesn't mean it's okay to do it.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                        ... account notes are for? "Customer is extremely difficult"
                        "Customer unfortunately not timid..."

Comment

I just think its funny. She must have been really horrible for the clerk to do that.

Comment

These happen all the time and are rarely intentional. Well at least the customer seeing them at any rate.

Usually when this happens it's a dummy entry not meant for live use or a similar reason. In this case I would gather it was someone putting their thoughts about her down and put it in the wrong spot.

Here's an example of the dummy entry I mentioned. It's actually fairly common.
                            I AM the evil bastard!
                            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Because it's so common, it's imperative that "placeholders" be chosen that are not offensive. In the Snopes example, can you imagine the different impression it would have made on the customers involved if they'd received solicitations addressed to "Dear Firstname Lastname" instead of "Dear Rich Bastard"?
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X