This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liar gets called out

This week I had a call from someone whose monthly debit had dishonoured. I go through my usual spiel of verifying the account the debit comes from and if they're happy for the debit to be taken out tonight.

Not this individual. They asked if all their debits could come out on a particular day of the week. I advise this isn't possible as it's always a date of the month the debit comes out, not day of the week (i.e. we can have your debits come out on the 15th of each month, but we can't arrange for your debits to come out on Fridays). Oh no, last time she called she apparently was told her debits would come out on a certain day of the week, and she had this in writing. I knew such a letter doesn't exist so I asked if she could send us the letter. She refused and insisted I set her debits for a particular day.

Naturally this call goes to my manager, who pretty much repeated what I said. That was followed by mentioning that they heard what I was saying prior to the call coming to them and I did not say those things to her. I have a bit of a private giggle and spend the rest of the day feeling particularly happy.
    the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

People like that always try to bluff their way through to get what they want. Jerks.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I have learned to laugh at people who are blowing smoke and to ask more innocent questions relating to their lies. (New federal law that says that able bodied adults without dependent children can only get 3 months of food stamps in 36 months. There are exemptions, and the easiest one is to do the work training program. Another way to keep getting food stamps is to work at least 20 hours a week.)

People are now getting cut off due to noncompliance. Here's my response to some of the blowing smoke people.

Oh, you are working? Great! Do you have paystubs? No? You are getting paid cash? That's OK, can I call your employer for verification? No? He's out of town? That's OK, he probably has a cell phone, I can call him. Oh, you forgot his number? I saw that you had a cell phone, don't you have his number stored there? You don't? Oh dear, what would happen if he expected you to be at work and you couldn't show up?

All in a very friendly and chipper "I want to help you" voice.

Lest you all think that I'm not willing to help people who are in need of food, I will make those calls. I will fax and I will look things up online. My interview times are longer than allowed because I WANT to help people. Lying liars who lie with bad lies insult me.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
        IAnother way to keep getting food stamps is to work at least 20 hours a week.
        So weird, I looked this up and it seems to affect my state. However, when I received these benefits it was very, very clear that I needed to work an average of 20 hours per week. When I did the phone interview the woman called one of my jobs to verify my employment, and I was required to submit paystubs. So I'm a bit baffled that I'm reading that this law was apparently waived. Maybe it also differs by county?

Well, I feel for you, based on the articles I just skimmed I can see this would be a stressful time at your job.
        Last edited by notalwaysright; 04-10-2016, 05:38 AM.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

To continue the hi-jack, you are right that the law is county by county depending on the unemployment rates. There are several counties in my state that are exempt as well as 4 zip codes in non-exempt counties. I personally would be exempt because I live in the sticks and there really isn't any work here.

There are many ways for a person to get an exemption. Homeless people are exempt, disabled people are exempt, caretakers are exempt. The last 2 categories require a note from a doctor. Documented volunteer hours count as work, so if someone is only working 15 hours a week, but also volunteers 5 hours a week, they are golden.

I make it a point to explore this very carefully during the interview, I WANT to give people food. Its just the ones who lie to me that get the never ending questions. Give me something I can verify and I'll give you an exemption. Make shit up and you don't get squat. (Not you personally, general you.)

Comment

Working...
          X