Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were only supposed to get a trace to 2 inches Sunday and it was supposed to be over by night.

It never stopped.

We got a slight break yesterday, and we've gotten nearly half a damn foot since around supper time tonight.

And of course, because of holidays and our useless city workers....no plow operations whatsoever. Because no one travels for the holidays
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Chilly Christmas.

It's down to 71F, cloudy, and a bit rainy.

That will not, however, stop me from chilling at an open air bar with friends and beer and jamming to good music while I do nothing. A whole lot of non-traditional Christmas nothing.

Right after I water my Christmas cactus and its cactus friend. Can't believe the one made it a whole year without me killing it. It's a Christmas miracle!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Oh, Jester...?

Replenishing Snowball Box

I hear the weather in the UK has been utterly atrocious this week - Beaufort Force 11 in rather a lot more places than you like to see at once, and extensive flooding to boot. Apparently it's a consequence of the same weather system that gave Canada that nasty ice storm over the weekend.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
          We were only supposed to get a trace to 2 inches Sunday and it was supposed to be over by night.

It never stopped.

We got a slight break yesterday, and we've gotten nearly half a damn foot since around supper time tonight.

And of course, because of holidays and our useless city workers....no plow operations whatsoever. Because no one travels for the holidays
          Not much better here Blas EXCEPT that our OVER efficient city workers plowed multiple time. Each time I had to re-shovel out the driveway from a 3 - 5 feet long 3 foot deep snow bank that the plows push around and into the driveway.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
            Not much better here Blas EXCEPT that our OVER efficient city workers plowed multiple time. Each time I had to re-shovel out the driveway from a 3 - 5 feet long 3 foot deep snow bank that the plows push around and into the driveway.
            I'm sure you're already aware that it's illegal to push snow from your driveway into the street. Of course, through "city works magic", when the plow pushes snow from the street into your driveway, it's now YOUR snow that YOU have to deal with, and pushing it back out into the street is not allowed.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              I'm sure you're already aware that it's illegal to push snow from your driveway into the street. Of course, through "city works magic", when the plow pushes snow from the street into your driveway, it's now YOUR snow that YOU have to deal with, and pushing it back out into the street is not allowed.
              Yeah they do not seem to like it when I either use the snow blower or shovel to "get it out" of my driveway and back into the street.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                Yeah yeah yeah.

More empty threats.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Yeah yeah yeah.

More empty threats.
                  Well, we can organize a cruise where we all go to Key West, spit, and shout "YOU GUNKIE!"...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    Well, we can organize a cruise where we all go to Key West, spit, and shout "YOU GUNKIE!"...

Let me know when the cruise ship is scheduled to dock. It's only a short drive and I wanna be there for that!
                    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

There has been so much snow here over the last week it's nuts!! I took these pics Christmas day. We've had loads more snow since then because on the 27th there was a storm in the morning that dumped a lot of snow. Snow on the lawn is now about 4-5 feet high i think.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...w/DSC_0072.jpg
                      http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...w/DSC_0071.jpg
                      http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...w/DSC_0070.jpg

Comment

And today it's boiling yet again....a lovely 38C. >.<
                        So glad I'm not working this week!
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

It was minus something-in-the-teens F this morning.
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

20cm (8") of snow from last night to tonight, with projected 5-10cm (2-4") more in the next two days. On top of the 30cm (12") from last week.

So much snow this year... I just keep shoveling and shoveling... the piles of snow on the side of the driveway are almost my height. I'm 5'8".
                            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                              It was minus something-in-the-teens F this morning.
                              Like -19F up here without the windchill factor. My shift tonight was brutally cold with the 10 - 15 MPH wind blowing.

Comment

Hey, Jester and fireheart, do you need a vacation from all that nasty, awful, warm weather?

Come to Minnesota. It'll be a balmy -28F (-33.3C) Saturday night and an even balmier -32F (-35.5C) Sunday night (windchills below -50F) with a high of -15F (-26.1C) Monday.

Come and enjoy it!
                                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
                                X