This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not even trying anymore

Two junk emails I got, each apparently from a different person, but I have my doubts.

Email the first: Hello, I am Betty Moore, an American but I live and work here in Singapore i will like to place an order for some items from you, but I will like to know what you have available in stock.Let me have your website address so I can view the products you have presently in stock and if there is any special pricing I need to know about.Lastly regarding payment I will be sending you my credit card for the full payment charges for my order.In order to avoid any form of delays can you let me know the type of credit cards you accept? I hope to hear from you as soon as possible so we can proceed with the Order.I will like you to get back to me on this e-mail address: bettymoore03@hotmail.com Best Regard's Betty Moore.

Email the second: Hello, I am valetin George, an American but I live and work here in New Zealand i will like to place an order for some items from you, but I will like to know what you have available in stock.Let me have your website address so I can view the products you have presently in stock and if there is any special pricing I need to know about.Lastly regarding payment I will be sending you my credit card for the full payment charges for my order.In order to avoid any form of delays can you let me know the type of credit cards you accept? I hope to hear from you as soon as possible so we can proceed with the Order.I will like you to get back to me on this e-mail address :valetingeorge@live.com Regards. valetin.

Gee, I'm totally not gonna notice that two different emails, from two different addresses are exactly the same text. Anyone else think they're phishing to find out if my email is active?
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Either that, or they're trying out for some way to purchase stuff with stolen credit card numbers. Notice that neither of the mails come with a special request, only that they want to buy some "items".

Also, many scammers tend to recycle what are known as "scripts" when it comes to establish a contact. Once you reply, your mail will be passed on to a more experienced member of the gang. In this case, two different gangs may have used the same script.

Try eventually to look at scamwarners.com, they might have a more elaborate explanation about what this is all about.
    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

If you're so inclined, I sent you a mail about a specific website that screws with these people.

A set of stolen CCs, rendered defunct, will make the "lad" very unhappy...
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
        If you're so inclined, I sent you a mail about a specific website that screws with these people.

A set of stolen CCs, rendered defunct, will make the "lad" very unhappy...
        If you do follow this route, please tell us what happens! You know how we all love Story Time, especially when the bad guys lose spectacularly.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Unfortunately the most you can expect is a bunch of lad expletives. The site "guy" for reporting stolen ccs/bank accounts does not return results.

But it can be entertaining if the lad is accusing you of being a "joker" and that you are untrustworthy and trying to scam him.
          My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

What's funny is my boss who just retired a bit ago was married to a Betty...same last name.

Comment

Big red flag: "I will like to". None of these scammers knows the proper way to form that sentence

And yeah, could be trying to use a stolen card to scam a bunch of merchandise which they will then resell. We get these emails at work. Idiots, we're a NEWSPAPER! We don't have "stock"! Ya dummies.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Or sometimes, they use it to pay a phony shipping service AND sell the goods...
                My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  Idiots, we're a NEWSPAPER! We don't have "stock"! Ya dummies.
                  Of course you do, but it's EXTREMELY perishable. If you were to sell some to these guys, by the time it reached them it would have deteriorated to the point where it's as worthless as yesterday's newspaper.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X