This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +10 faith in humanity points

Reading the 'Stranded give me free stuff' thread and the thread Saphire Silk linked about begging for 'gas money' made me decide to post something that happened a few years ago to me.

Fell asleep on the couch with the living room lights on one night and about 3 in the morning someone knocks on the door. It's four kids, cant be even twenty years old yet, dressed like total skids, and they ran out of gas, points down the road to their truck. They were planning on buying gas in (town 30k away) but nothing was open when they drove through and they were trying to get to (town 20k the other way) and did I have any gas to spare?

Fair enough, they way they were coming no gas stations would have been open for the last 4 hours, there was the truck, not running a kilometre or so down the road, my living room lights were the only house lights to see forever far away, so I head out to the shed to grab a can of gas. About 15$ worth in there, should get them to town, we start walking towards their truck and one goes, 'We can walk it out if you want, don't worry we'll bring the can back.' Did I mention it was 3am. I give them gas can, wish them good luck and go back to bed.

Wake up the next morning. No gas can. Not in the shed, on the doorstep or anywhere else. Now I'm kind of pissed. Do somebody a good turn, they have no respect for your stuff, blah blah blah. I'm stomping around all morning, go out to do some stuff come back from town, and there, on my driveway, is my gas can. With about $30 worth of gas in it. And some flowers. And a thank you note.

I tell you, these kids today, no manners, making me feel like an asshole for bad-mouthing them all morning.
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Awwww.

Sweet kids.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Definitely something you don't see everyday.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Darn kids today. Always messing with our heads...

Someone needs to send them cookies so more will do things like this.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post

I tell you, these kids today, no manners, making me feel like an asshole for bad-mouthing them all morning.
          Damn near broke rule #1 with that one! (no drinking while reading the forums)
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

The number of times my keyboard has narrowly escaped cola-disaster....
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
            X