This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK Aussies, helping time!

So my SO got a job he'd been applying for in Sydney.

So now my question is: who lives in NSW, what should I expect and how the hell do you survive on 50k p/a? (if possible!)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

ok, I'm a bit further south, but on that salary, won't be looking at a very big apartment, or that close to the CBD, so learning how the public transport system works would probably be a good idea

EDIT: investing in a map is probably a good idea too, the city is a rabbit warren of streets
    Last edited by prjkt; 04-12-2014, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
      the city is a rabbit warren of streets
      Considering you're "down under", that must be an even more derogatory remark about the competence of whoever laid out the streets than it is here.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
        ok, I'm a bit further south, but on that salary, won't be looking at a very big apartment, or that close to the CBD, so learning how the public transport system works would probably be a good idea

EDIT: investing in a map is probably a good idea too, the city is a rabbit warren of streets
        His salary will be 53k over there. (and for a couple of weeks, he'll be supporting two people on that) we don't need a large apartment as it'll just be the two of us.

Were opting to skip having our cars (both of us) and relying on public transport to get around. In my case, we may look at getting a car further down the track for work, but I'm aiming for working at no more than 2 different schools over there, as opposed to the 4-5 I work at now.

I will definitely be investing in a street directory, as will he.

Anything else I need to be aware of in the NSW area? His job is in surrey hills (I believe).
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
        X