Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also I had one of those moments where I couldn't believe what music people will play for students.

They played Elle King's Exs and Ohs. I started giggling and got funny looks for my fellow admins.

I said 'Its always hilarious when sex songs are played at events for tennagers'

They asked what I meant. I said Exs and Ohs is about sex, what do you thing Oh means?

They looked surprised, listened to the lyrics for a bit and said 'Oh.... I never noticed that'

Comment

I don't wear glasses but my parents do; I always got my Dad's old safety glasses when he upgraded at work, and they were always big enough to go over his specs. The important thing to remember is that specs with glass lenses still need you to have goggles or similar "over" them, because the one thing that's worse than hot metal piercing your eye is hot metal and broken glass.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Sounds like it was a fun event!

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
        I said Exs and Ohs is about sex, what do you thing Oh means?
        Never mind the "ohs"! How about the lyric "They always wanna come, but they never wanna leave"
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

They do make prescription safety glasses. My dad got them for his work and they reimbursed him.
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
            That was Men Without Hats, not Men without Safety Glasses.
            Men Without Safety Glasses have a new hit out. It's called "I Can't See Clearly Now My Eyes Are Gone."
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
              They do make prescription safety glasses. My dad got them for his work and they reimbursed him.
              I meet one young man with a pair, I just don't have the need for them.
              Quoth Ghel View Post
              Never mind the "ohs"! How about the lyric "They always wanna come, but they never wanna leave"
              My sister stated that the song wasn't about sex cause most people don't listen lyrics and will just say it's hugs and kisses. I mention that line in the chorus... she it could mean anything... I think she doesn't want to admit she likes a expletive sex song.
              Last edited by Sliceanddice; 03-24-2016, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                Would people wearing prescription glasses also be required to wear safety eyewear? If so, would it be in the form of glasses or goggles?
                Two options:

- Goggles that fit over the prescription glasses.

- Prescription safety glasses. With these, the lenses and frames are rated.to withstand the same impact that regular safety glasses have to withstand, and they have side shields. You can get them without shields, but the shields MUST be installed for them to qualify as safety eyewear.

Ordinary prescription glasses are NOT acceptable - unknown ability to block an impact, and gap at the side where stuff can get in.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

They asked what I meant. I said Exs and Ohs is about sex, what do you thing Oh means?

They looked surprised, listened to the lyrics for a bit and said 'Oh.... I never noticed that'
                  Apparently the folks who pick the songs that play on our store's overhead music never noticed that, either; that's one of the songs in the rotation!
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post

Like a ghost, it haunts me.

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    Apparently the folks who pick the songs that play on our store's overhead music never noticed that, either; that's one of the songs in the rotation!
                    At the swamp, we have John Mellencamp's "I Need A Lover," which is about picking up hookers.

Also Johnny Cash's "One Piece At A Time," which really sends mixed messages about our loss prevention program. "Shoplifters will be prosecuted; now enjoy this song about a guy building a car from parts he stole from the factory."
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      Also Johnny Cash's "One Piece At A Time," which really sends mixed messages about our loss prevention program. "Shoplifters will be prosecuted; now enjoy this song about a guy building a car from parts he stole from the factory."
                      Oh, that is too funny!
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I meet one young man with a pair, I just don't have the need for them...
                        Ahem! invisible extra
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          Ahem! invisible extra
                          *raises her eye brow and looks at her avatar*
                          your crude implication is void good sir, good day!

Comment

I am right now writing up some 'encounters' from this event for a class.
                            One of which I am going to share.
                            You have A lot of options but that aint one of them
                            Student: I need a match schedule.
                            Me: There is one taped right here on the table. We unfortunately have extras but you can examine this one, take any pictures you need and we will be announcing the matches at least 2 matches ahead of time to give each team to pack up.
                            Student: *Examines the schedule* But I need a copy.
                            me: I'm sorry, we have no extras. Each team was given a match schedule for the qualifications. If you need a copy for your own needs, you can take a picture or copy down the information. There is also an app called FRC Spyder that will let you know what teams are competing and the current standings. I will let you know we are about 15 minutes behinds right now so all the times will be slightly off anyways.
                            Student:*Frowns and starts taking pictures of the schedule*
                            Me: *Answers my radio, clicks on my microphone and announces the next match to be on the field, the teams who should be queue and the teams that need to be packing up. I finish my announcement and seeing the student is still there turns back to him* Is there anything else I can help you with?
                            Student: Can't you print out more copies of the schedule.
                            Me: I'm sorry we don't have a printer and most of the campus is closed due to their spring break. We have no means to make more copies.
                            Student: But I need a copy.
                            Me: Sorry but if your team lost their copy your only options are take a picture, listen to the announcements or download the app.
                            Student: I don’t want to download the app I just want schedule.
                            Me: Sorry those are your only options. Can I help you with something else?
                            Student turns around and leaves.

Asking the same question 5 times won't change the answer.

Comment

I'm surprised that he didn't take advantage of the distraction caused by you answering your radio to peel off the copy of the schedule that was taped to the table.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

he was 16. not to sound sexist but when was the last time you heard of a 16 year old male making a logical move like that?

Comment

Working...
                                X