This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The day this guest graced our hotel with his presence

was the most important day of his life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

Otherwise friendly guest got upset with me because I couldn't remember him from when he stayed last year. Dude, I see hundreds of people a week!
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    I couldn't remember him from when he stayed last year.
    SC translation: I stayed here twice, that makes me a "regular" and loyal guest deserving of special perks.
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

I'm always pleased when employees at hotels remember me, but I'm never upset if they don't!
      Also, being remembered isn't always a good thing, depending upon the circumstances...
      Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

just say that was your identical twin and act outraged that he can't tell you two apart.

Comment

I see the same 20 people every week for about 7 months (on average). 6 months after they leave the program, I can't remember their names. If they did not do anything shocking or really weird while they were here, after a year I don't remember their faces. When I run into them into the community I do a lot of "Oh...hi! how are you doing?" and have an entire conversation without remembering who they are.

Comment

Quoth panamared View Post
            just say that was your identical twin and act outraged that he can't tell you two apart.
            Like button, where's the like button?
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
              Like button, where's the like button?
              My reaction too.
              Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

For myself, I'm terrible at recognizing faces and names. I'm lucky I recognize my wife when she gets home from work!

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  Otherwise friendly guest got upset with me because I couldn't remember him from when he stayed last year. Dude, I see hundreds of people a week!
                  I know the almighty Jester has had this almost exact same conversation with some vacationers at The Bar.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                    For myself, I'm terrible at recognizing faces and names. I'm lucky I recognize my wife when she gets home from work!
                    I'm the same way. I've heard it referred to as "Face blindness." Sometimes, for whatever reason, I've run into close friends and drawn a blank on who they were. It's not uncommon for me to run into someone who greets me by name (if they call me "Metal Mike", then they know me from karaoke), and then after they walk away, my wife asks me "Who was that?" And my answer is usually "I have no idea!"
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Same here. Hell, I have several *relatives* this applies to >_> Then again, I come from a Cajun Catholic (read: lots of kids) background -- My grandma had a dozen siblings; at a family reunion we had in the early 90's, in the middle of freakin' nowhere (even for Louisiana), four hundred relatives showed up to party.
                      Last edited by EricKei; 04-06-2016, 02:25 PM.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'm not great with faces either. Not terrible, but not great especially when the person doesn't have anything particularly memorable about them. It's like I have a "John/Jane Doe" file in my brain. When I'm at the cutting counter often I will remember a person by what project they are doing. Sometimes I just get a feeling about a person at work. Like maybe I helped them before and they were mean?
                        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I first heard about prosopagnosia, or face blindness, as a spoilery plot point from one of my favorite games.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

A friend that I worked with for a long time had a customer get really nasty to her because one day she didn't recognize her voice on the phone. My friend talked to dozens of customers every week and trust me, after a while they all sound alike unless they have a memorable speech impediment!
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                              Same here. Hell, I have several *relatives* this applies to >_> Then again, I come from a Cajun Catholic read: lots of kids) background -- My grandma had a dozen siblings; at a family reunion we had in the early 90's, in the middle of freakin' nowhere (even for Louisiana), four hundred relatives showed up to party.
                              Same for me. My grandmother (born in 1897) was the oldest of 11, 8 of which lived. Each of those 8 had 3-5 kids and each of those kids had 2-4 kids, and most of those kids now have kid(s). I'm the generation that had the 2-4 kids. All of that first generation are gone now. Since I was a child, we used to have family reunions every two years, but that stopped when my grandmother became "confused" (you know what I mean). She had been the driving force for the family reunions for all those years. That was in 1993.

We had a family reunion 3 years ago. It was amazing. The family members now live all over the world, from the Phillippines to Europe and almost every state in this nation. There were 70 SEVENTY people that made it to the reunion. My mother, who is 81, was the coordinator for this effort and she was smart enough to not only provide name tags for everyone .... but your name tag indicated your relationship to the original generation (my grandmother's). For example, my name tag said Teefies2, mom to M&R, daughter of H, granddaughter of Myrtle - Myrtle being the oldest of the first generation. So even though a lot of the people at the reunion looked familiar, many of us hadn't seen each other in over 10 years. It was so amazing to be able to read those name tags and figure out that "Johnny" was the one who used to pull my hair at Thanksgiving and now he's the CEO of a major accounting firm

Comment

Working...
                              X