This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
    "Johnny" was the one who used to pull my hair at Thanksgiving and now he's the CEO of a major accounting firm
    Just goes to show that an ill-behaved child, if not disciplined properly, is likely to go on to bigger and more serious offenses when they grow up.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      Just goes to show that an ill-behaved child, if not disciplined properly, is likely to go on to bigger and more serious offenses when they grow up.
      So so true

Comment

I stayed at the same hotel in 2005, 2012 and again last year. I was thrilled to the back teeth that they remembered who I was, and made a big fuss of me. Did I expect it? Of course not!
        "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post

We had a family reunion 3 years ago. It was amazing. The family members now live all over the world, from the Phillippines to Europe and almost every state in this nation. There were 70 SEVENTY people that made it to the reunion. My mother, who is 81, was the coordinator for this effort and she was smart enough to not only provide name tags for everyone .... but your name tag indicated your relationship to the original generation (my grandmother's). For example, my name tag said Teefies2, mom to M&R, daughter of H, granddaughter of Myrtle - Myrtle being the oldest of the first generation. So even though a lot of the people at the reunion looked familiar, many of us hadn't seen each other in over 10 years. It was so amazing to be able to read those name tags and figure out that "Johnny" was the one who used to pull my hair at Thanksgiving and now he's the CEO of a major accounting firm
          I mention this type of thing every year at my family reunion since I suck at remembering faces and names. What's worse is if I remember the face I get the relationship wrong. My cousin Tony is married to Tina but for years I thought they were brother and sister.
          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Between my two jobs, I see hundreds of people a day.

I get very confuzzled if I see a regular from the night job show up at the day job for lunch, or if a regular from the day job just manages to find a reason to go to a gas station 20 miles away in the middle of the night.

The best part is is when they tell me they didn't know I had two jobs and they're kinda confused at seeing me outside of my normal (to them) habitat.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
              My cousin Tony is married to Tina but for years I thought they were brother and sister.
              If they're Lannisters, it's OK.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                The best part is is when they tell me they didn't know I had two jobs and they're kinda confused at seeing me outside of my normal (to them) habitat.
                I'm reminded of a story in one of those subway history books (I think it was Fischler's Uptown, Downtown, where a priest had a part-time job running work trains for the NYCTA. He was watching the token booth (obviously in NYCTA uniform, not in clerical garb) while the attendant went to the restroom, and saw one of his parishioners coming up to pay his fare. The guy had a giant ? hovering over his head when he saw the token-booth guy looked exactly like his priest... a few minutes later, he took his train out on the road, he had to lean out the window to push the track-selector button, and there's this guy again... this time he had a ! over his head. The author was wondering if the guy had a guilty conscience about something, to be thus haunted by the face of his priest.

Comment

Working...
                X