Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I order Dominos to come to the plane?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I order Dominos to come to the plane?

Most of my stories are food related because passengers are obsessed by food!

We had a delay, sitting on the tarmac by the gate. We had been delayed by 40 minutes, had done a water run and handed out some mini pretzal bags.

Passenger: Excuse me, can I order Dominos to come to the plane?
    Me: Um....no?
    Passenger: Well I'm HUNGRY.

Now passenger has had all his time in the terminal to buy food. But no.

Me: It would be impossible for the driver to get through security and to the aircraft for one thing that simply cannot happen. For another, even if that was possible, we might depart by the time they arrive.

Passenger: I have a craving, can't you go and pick me up some pizza?
    Me: I'm afraid not. I have to remain on the aircraft.
    Passenger: I wanna go get some food
    Me: Once boarded you cannot leave Sir.

This went on for some time. He also asked if Pizza Hut and Papa John's could deliver.

I just walked away. The stupidity of the flying public never ceases to amaze me.

Sure, I'll just go into the nonexistent kitchen and bake you an imaginary pizza in the nonexistent oven!

Comment

What's scary is that I completely believe this.
      Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Well, at least they were still on the ground.. I was expecting someone to be asking while in flight.
        Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Let him get off and get his pizza.

Of course getting back on the plane just _might_ prove to be a mite difficult, not to mention he might not get back in time...

This reminds me of one of Chef Ramsey's shows where the contestants were doing the opening night of a restaurant and everything was running way behind - some customers got tired of waiting and actually ordered pizza to be delivered to the restaurant! Obviously a staged stunt but funny none-the-less...

Comment

Kind of brings to mind an incident when I was riding Amtrak. The station manager announced an hour delay due to an accident.
            I was hungry and ordered a pizza delivery to the station. I can't recall how many times I heard the phrase: Wish I thought of that. or some variation.
            Back to the OP. I would say let him call and order...how likely is it that the SC will be turned down due to the security screenings.
            Anyway, didn't that airport have a food court where SC could make a dash for pizza?
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
              Well, at least they were still on the ground.. I was expecting someone to be asking while in flight.
              Well, actually, in the comments of a recent post on Not Always Right, someone said that she read a story where a passenger on a plane once asked for McDonalds because it was all her kids would eat.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                Anyway, didn't that airport have a food court where SC could make a dash for pizza?
                They probably would have a place, but I think that the OP said that once you're on the plane, you can't get off...or something like that.
                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                  They probably would have a place, but I think that the OP said that once you're on the plane, you can't get off...or something like that.
                  Once boarding has finished, nope, you can't leave. Unless you want to leave and not return. But a passenger can't just come and go as they please.

Comment

This is hysterical. Selective memory at its best, since this guy obviously "forgot" all the security he had to go through to get to that plane. Or he's dumb enough to believe that the airport would make an exception for pizza delivery guys. Who knows. When I fly I either bring my own food or buy it in the airport. There is always the possibility of a delay. I think 2-3 hours is the rule for providing food. Remember when there was a hubbub about delays? I mean like 6 hour ones? So yeah, 40 minutes wouldn't be super fun as a passenger, but it's not really that big a deal.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I can almost understand this customer.... almost. Flight was supposed to last x delay has been y it could take z longer. I'm still on the ground and the hunger I planned to manage with snacks is hitting me but I still x +z travel time left.

That being said, that Jimmy John's commercial was a joke and you will be able to satisfy harvesting at your destination.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                        Yes. The OP did ask that very question However, airport food court food is notoriously expensive.

Quoth mjr View Post
                        You can't, unless you want to wave bye bye as the plane leaves without you.

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                        This is hysterical. Selective memory at its best, since this guy obviously "forgot" all the security he had to go through to get to that plane. Or he's dumb enough to believe that the airport would make an exception for pizza delivery guys. Who knows. When I fly I either bring my own food or buy it in the airport. There is always the possibility of a delay. I think 2-3 hours is the rule for providing food. Remember when there was a hubbub about delays? I mean like 6 hour ones? So yeah, 40 minutes wouldn't be super fun as a passenger, but it's not really that big a deal.
                        I do the same. Honestly, I find airplane food poor even when it is served at all. I bring a sandwich and some chips, and take the airplane soda.

Given how mind boggling this SC was, I can't help but wonder if alcohol was involved.
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

When I first saw the title, I thought it was going to be about a guy why wanted pizza delivered while the plane was in the air. Not that this was much better.
                          Sometimes life is altered.
                          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                          Uneasy with confrontation.
                          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I have heard of such a thing happening (it was in the US national news a couple of years ago) BUT it was the airline who ordered pizza for the passengers because of a LONG (maybe 5 hours or so) ground delay. The airline made all the necessary security arrangements to get the delivery driver through to the gate/plane.

BUT an individual passenger doing this -----NOT HAPPENING.

ETA:
                            Here is the link to the story
                            http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/0...ded-plane.html

Last year
                            http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...305183461.html
                            Last edited by Racket_Man; 04-08-2016, 04:16 AM.
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Whenever I fly, I always bring energy bars and dried fruit along cuz airline food is often either a) nonexistant, b) hugely expensive or c) hugely expensive and limited to one or two choices. The last time I flew, the only food available was cheese toasties. OK for me, but Fiance can't eat cheese. So it was a good thing that we'd packed food to bring with us. Weirdly, there was also a vast selection of alcohol alongside the single food option. XD
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                              X