Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I order Dominos to come to the plane?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Of course, sir--you are welcome to de-plane and purchase food from the airport concessions. You will not be allowed back on the aircraft, so you will have to make alternate travel arrangements, but you will indeed have your food!"
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Of course, if the passenger deplanes, it holds up the flight for everyone else. Not just getting into a gate, but getting that passenger's luggage off the plane. Personally I don't care (and the airline staff probably doesn't either) if the passenger ever sees his luggage again, but for security reasons checked baggage can't be allowed on a flight if the passenger it belongs to isn't on board.

If it's an operational issue (too much baggage, or too tight a connection, so the baggage gets put on the next flight) that the passenger couldn't know about, I understand that exceptions are made, but baggage that is unaccompanied as a result of the passenger's choice is not permitted.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

And the xkcd guy (xkcd is the world's most perfect webcomic) has the answer for YOU! This question was just answered on Thursday...

https://what-if.xkcd.com/149/

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
          And the xkcd guy (xkcd is the world's most perfect webcomic) has the answer for YOU! This question was just answered on Thursday...

Interesting analysis, but he failed to mention whether the sparrow was European or African. Reference 1. Reference 2.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Ah, yes, the bad old days when gas was cheap, security was minimal, and holding patterns were forever...

I remember once living through a ground hold of 2 or 3 hours, after having been in a holding pattern forever. (At O'Hare, of course.) Ca. 1975. In retrospect, I feel so sorry for what the cabin and cockpit crews must have gone through.
            I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
            - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              Interesting analysis, but he failed to mention whether the sparrow was European or African. Reference 1. Reference 2.
              The answer is no because the parrot in the comic is no more. It has ceased to be.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                The answer is no because the parrot in the comic is no more. It has ceased to be.
                It's just pinin' for the fjords!
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Maybe Security would have to "check" the pizza. Well that slice tasted good, didn't kill me; hey Bob do you want some? Then it's gone.

Comment

Don't forget that the handlers might not be holding tightly enough on the leashes of the dogs sniffing for explosives.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post

Heh. Pizza delivery by Owl Post. It'll be cold and covered in droppings by the time the customer gets it, though...
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        It's just pinin' for the fjords!
                        Need Keitel Blacksmith to fix your pots?
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                          Heh. Pizza delivery by Owl Post. It'll be cold and covered in droppings by the time the customer gets it, though...
                          I'd be afraid the birds would get sucked into the engine.
                          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Working...
                          X