This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snapped on a customer

So today around 4:00 pm a SC walks into our pizza restaurant, he is greeted as soon as he enters like every other customer and just ignores us and stares at the menu board with his arms crossed.

He walks up to the counter and points at the menu board and starts arguing with my co-worker about the price.

**Our prices were updated a week previously and there was signage of the price change placed over two months in advance**

SC: I want to order a pizza, but i am not paying that. I am going to pay what it cost before.

Worker: I am sorry but the price on the menu boards is what the customer must pay.

SC: I DONT CARE! YOU CANT CHANGE PRICES ON PIZZA!

** Pizzas have gone up .25 cents per pizza**

Worker: I am sorry sir, but thats the price you have to pay

SC: I want a manager NOW

Me: Yes thats me. Yes that is the price you have to pay

SC: No its not I dont have to pay that, I AM PAYING THE PRICE BEFORE THIS ONE!

Me: Sorry but....

SC: **cuts me off ** LISTEN TO ME, I AM THE CUSTOMER, YOU ARE THE EMPLOYEE.

Me: Be that as it may, the price displayed is the price paid.

SC: No, THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT! I pay the before price.

Me: Says who?

SC: ME!

Me: Well unfortunately sir, you dont control this business.

SC: My money pays for your wages, I own you.

Me: Well sir you must not own a lot if you cant afford to pay .25 extra for a pizza

SC: **Face gets red** Whats your name smart ass?

Me: (insert name)

SC: Your lucky I dont hop this counter and knock you the fuck out.

Me: Okay, goodbye sir. Have a good night.

SC: No i am not...

Me: ** I cut him off ** yea yea, save your breath and get the fuck out before I loose my patience

SC: Your gonna hear from me again, I am going to the news paper, I am going to blog about you.

Me: No one gives a shit about what you have to say, good bye.

SC leaves, about an hour later my boss calls and rips me a new one. My boss also said everyone gets two, you have one left.

Quoth BlueCrypto View Post
    about an hour later my boss calls and rips me a new one. My boss also said everyone gets two, you have one left.

I mean, really. What's the deal with *that*?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

That's unbelievable!
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

SC leaves, about an hour later my boss calls and rips me a new one. My boss also said everyone gets two, you have one left.

And that's YOUR "one" boss.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Fuck's sake...I could understand being upset by a significant price hike, but TWENTY-FIVE CENTS?! Suck it up, dude.

Comment

Boss is an asshole. What would HE have done, given this turd the old price on the pizza? Way to lose money.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
              And that's YOUR "one" boss.
              Exactly. Boss Man should be glad you didn't call the police on that guy. He threatened you.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                Exactly. Boss Man should be glad you didn't call the police on that guy. He threatened you.
                This. And I would let boss know he's crossed the line and it WON'T be happening again...

Comment

Remind your boss that he just contributed to a hostile work environment and next time, you are owning the business and firing him

Comment

"So, you want me to let the customers decide how much they pay? Can I please get these rules in writing? I will also put in writing how the customer threatened me, so everything is clear..."

I mean, if he wants you to just give in to every SC that comes along, (which is what so many pizza chains do) then I guess that's his decision. I would seriously keep track of threats, even if you don't do anything about it immediately, you never know when it might help you.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

SC: Your lucky I dont hop this counter and knock you the fuck out.
                      I would have called police at this point
                      This is not a bad time to get your feelers out.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post

"Mister, if you don't shut the fuck up I'm gonna kick 100% of your ass!"

Comment

That would be 'pick up the phone and call the police' time for me.

And now you've had time to calm down, I think you should inform your boss that the customer threatened you, and you needed to get him out of the building for your safety and the safety of the other employees and customers.

But you know your boss - use whatever strategy will settle him down and make him realise that you were protecting his business and his employees and customers from a nasty non-customer.

(If he was refusing to buy the product at the advertised price, he wasn't a customer.)
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
                            Remind your boss that he just contributed to a hostile work environment and next time, you are owning the business and firing him
                            That's a quick way to end up looking for a new job before you are ready. Never threaten your boss, even if he deserves it.

If it's really that bad, get out of the job and hire a lawyer. Act, don't threaten.

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                            I would have called the cops too.

I do wonder if the OP was able to get a word in edgewise to tell his boss about the threat. My guess . . . just a guess . . . is the boss is more upset about the language than anything else. Which means he might not have had his listening ears on if the OP tried to mention the threat.

But yeah . . . it might be time to start looking depending on if the boss is still ticked off or not.
                            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

WOW!
                              Unbelievable!
                              The sucky customer stories just get more incredible.
                              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                              X