This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    White noise app on a cell phone or tablet.
    Yes. I went through a bunch of free apps before I found one with the pitch I liked. All the fan sounds were so high pitched! The sound I use is called immersed, it's supposed to sound like being underwater. Okay, I saw this on a list of April Fool's jokes, but I kinda want it! Star Trek White Noise Sleep Machine. It has the sounds of the ships and engine rooms. Since I pretty much grew up with those sounds I bet it would be super soothing. *goes off to see if this is already an app to download*
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
      Yes. I went through a bunch of free apps before I found one with the pitch I liked. All the fan sounds were so high pitched! The sound I use is called immersed, it's supposed to sound like being underwater.
      What's the name of the app, if you don't mind me asking?
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Let's see, it's called Relax Melodies: Sleep and Yoga. Other than the sounds, I like that you can have more than one sound at the same time, and that you can set a custom timer. The downside, and this could be a deal breaker, is that it does not play in the background. If you want to have it on and do anything else on your phone, it will stop. Weird, right? Anyway, I turn it on with a timer and go to sleep so it's not a big deal to me.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          She works hard for the money
          So hard for the money
          Oh she something something money
          Come on, give her lots of honey
          Not bad, Irv, but the thread title's a spoof from this song.

Let's see...
          "Even though you ain't got honey, I'm still enraged with you dummy
          Everything must be just right for me
          In the morning when I rise, have a cup of tea and a sigh
          And give me everything that I could want for free"
          Last edited by XCashier; 04-10-2016, 03:27 AM.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

That was beautiful, XCashier!
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Okay, I saw this on a list of April Fool's jokes, but I kinda want it! Star Trek White Noise Sleep Machine. It has the sounds of the ships and engine rooms. Since I pretty much grew up with those sounds I bet it would be super soothing. *goes off to see if this is already an app to download*
              Think Geek tends to defictionalize the April Fools items that they can, so there's a decent chance this will end up being a real product at some point. Hubby and I are hoping, just because it would be fun to have one. Plus we like the alarm function on the fictional one.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Let's see, it's called Relax Melodies: Sleep and Yoga. Other than the sounds, I like that you can have more than one sound at the same time, and that you can set a custom timer. The downside, and this could be a deal breaker, is that it does not play in the background. If you want to have it on and do anything else on your phone, it will stop. Weird, right? Anyway, I turn it on with a timer and go to sleep so it's not a big deal to me.
                I only use the white noise app when I'm ready to go to sleep, so this isn't a problem.

Quoth XCashier View Post
                Not bad, Irv, but the thread title's a spoof from this song.

Let's see...
                "Even though you ain't got honey, I'm still enraged with you dummy
                Everything must be just right for me
                In the morning when I rise, have a cup of tea and a sigh
                And give me everything that I could want for free"
                It was a Simpsons reference and I haz sad because nobody caught it.

Comment

It's a sad day when I didn't even catch a Simpsons reference.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

The Simpsons got it from Kenny Loggins' Danny Song :P

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                      The Simpsons got it from Kenny Loggins' Danny Song :P
                      Nope. Here's the scene I was referencing:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                      I AGREE

Comment

She didn't want the fan for white noise tho. She wanted it for temperature control. Thats what the HVAC unit is for.
                        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
                        X