Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHY do you feel the need to tell me this????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHY do you feel the need to tell me this????

*************************** Please NOTE I am ranting about what customers say to me NOT the fact that they are not tipping me....
    PLEASE take tip rants/complaints/criticism/whatever over to Fratching **************************

Over the last couple of weeks I have had enough people place an order for delivery (remember order total + sales tax + delivery convience fee/charge = TOTAL order $'s) and speak the following line almost verbatium:

OH Sorry I can not give you a TIP because I am SOOOOOOOOO broke right now.

WTF YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!! You managed to scrape together like $25 (including coin change) for a luxury/treat type food when I could take the same amount of money and feed myself for at least 4 days (no not Ramein Noodles either in that case I could go for like 9 - 10 days).
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

25 bucks can make 3 batches of my homemade chili, or can buy a case of Kraft Dinner plus a few big (28 ounce) cans of tomatoes and either some marked down end cuts from the deli, a small "football" ham, or a couple packs of all-beef hot dogs. If you know where to shop for best prices, you can get 20 (14 ounce) cans of name-brand beef stew.

If that's all you've got, there are MUCH better ways to feed yourself than pizza.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

And I agree whole heartily with you Wolfie. and I can do the same thing IF necessary. Being on unemployment for almost a year a while back taught me and my Ex how to stretch the food $$'s like a batch of chili on the cheap that will last for at least 4 days.

Some of the people I deliver to just baffle the hell outta me with their ass-backwards logic -- meaning they are willing to literally spend their last bit of money on a luxury food.
      Last edited by Racket_Man; 04-14-2016, 10:09 AM.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Because, as we know all too well, many people have no sense at all.

Comment

I'm with you there Racket Man. I order pizza once in awhile. I can afford the pizza and I tip well. If I couldn't afford the tip I would not order pizza because I'd be embarrassed. The pizza dudes depend on that tip. Plus if was low on cash spending 25+ on pizza would be the last thing I would do.

Comment

I very rarely order delivery food (and I always tip), mainly because spending $15/$20 on a pizza or fries/chicken fingers will kept me fed for 1 1/2 meals (there's usually enough left over for a reheated meal the next day), whereas a similar amount spent at the grocery store will net me enough frozen food and snacks to keep me fed for a week. A pizza delivery + tip (even for a small piza, and I usually have to throw in fries and/or soda to get over the $10 minimum delivery threshold) will cost around $10, where for the same amount of money, I can get two or even three frozen pizzas, and they usually taste as good. It was different when I lived with my mother...we would often split the bill on delivery food. But now that I'm paying for food all by myself? I have to scrimp and save and use coupons for the Good Stuff.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
              OH Sorry I can not give you a TIP because I am SOOOOOOOOO broke right now.
              Translation: I know I should tip, but I am too self centered and too hung up on what I want for me to really care about anything else, so I either spent every cent on me or I am going to hold onto the amount I did not spend so I can spend it on something else for me later. My conscience, however, somehow still bothers me a little bit that I am acting this way, so I will tell you this excuse in the hope that you will completely understand and empathize with me and everything will be wonderful in my own little world again.
              "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
              .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Three words: Bulk food section. Once I have most of the basics (salt, flour, oil, etc) I can go a week on $25 of groceries. And the meals aren't terrible quality either... For me, ordering pizza would mean that I'm slightly above my normal level of broke-ness. It's not an efficient way for me to spend money. Don't get me wrong, I love a good pizza, but I actually consider ordering delivery a luxury. Yep, I'm that broke.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Having worked in the restaurant industry off an on for 15 years I ALWAYS Tip. The GF thinks I tip to much usually 30 to 35%.

I view it as I rarely eat out and before I do I make sure I have the money for the food and a tip. If I can not tip i'm not going out to eat out its simple. I will say if its horrible service I may only tip 10% but that's very rare as most places I go know how I am.

If I was in the OP's situation and someone said that BS to me I would look them dead in the eye and say "Its OK to be cheap" and walk away. Even if they talk to the Manager its technically not an insult and can be explained as a declarative statement lol. make sure to be sarcastic to the customer when you say it though.

Comment

Last pizza I ordered, I tipped over 20% because it was just easier than figuring out the math
                    The kid was very appreciative and told me about his 1997 Subaru that he was saving up to get fixed so it would pass inspection.

If I can't tip I don't eat out or order delivery. I get better service from the pizza place because they know I tip at least 20%. Common sense: If you can't afford it (whatever "it" is) don't buy it.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Like everyone else here, when I order delivery, I always tip well. Having food delivered is a luxury, not a need. Back when I worked for the Dice Pizza, the franchise owner actually cared enough to ban non-tippers from delivery if it happened 3 times.

Back in the day, I once worked at an office when I was the only one that could get food delivered from one place that was only across the parking lot. Yeah, I'm that lazy. I once asked the delivery person about it, and was told that it was because I always tipped and than nobody else did.

I sure do wish that more owners cared enough about their employees to do that.

Comment

I probably eat pizza more often that I should. I'm trying to cut back and make my own meals. That said, it's my problem, not theirs that I have less saved than I should.
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I always tip well. I've been poor. I've been 'down to a jar of mustard and half a can of cat food (yes, I had a cat!) poor. So now that I'm relatively solvent, anyone who brings food TO MY DOOR is going to get tipped, and *very* well.
                          Bring the food! In my eyes, there's no excuse to not tip the delivery person.

Comment

A few years ago my then gf and I were eating at a restaurant together. Our bill came to just under 40. I tried to run my card, but it declined. Shit! I had $40 cash. I had to explain to my server that I have cash, but she didn't deserve such a lame tip. I still feel bad to this day for tipping so low.
                            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

But that wasn't because you didn't intend to tip. That was an unpredictable event.
                              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                              -----
                              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                              X