Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WE DON’T DELIVER (or: ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS?!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE DON’T DELIVER (or: ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS?!)

I want to believe this was a prank, but something in my mind makes me think it was real. Because, as we all know, some people really are this uncoupled from reality.

It was late, about 3:30-4:00am, and the store phone rang. I answered it, and the person on the other end was wanting to know if we sold pizza. Yes, I told her, we sold frozen pizza. No, she was asking if we sold HOT pizza. Yes, we sell hot pizza by the slice and by the box, however, not during the overnight shift.

She asked me if I can make a hot pizza and deliver it to her. Of course, I told her no, the store does not deliver at all, much less prepared food.

“But (pizza restaurant up the road) is closed!”

Yes, they close around 11pm most nights.

“But I want a pizza!”

(I’m omitting a lot of the back-and-forth as she tried to dance around the word ‘no’. We’re all familiar with the creative things customers try in an effort to get their way, right?)

“I don’t understand this. You can make hot pizza. You have a car, don’t you? Why can’t you make a pizza and deliver it to me?!”

Because it’s not part of my job, and this isn’t a restaurant. If you want pizza that bad, I guess you’re going to have to drive to the store and buy one and prepare it yourself.

“I don’t have a car, smartass! That’s why I’m calling YOU!”

Oh, for the luvva….

Look, lady, it’s late, the store doesn’t deliver, and I have a lot of work to do before morning rush. The bottom line is, no, I won’t make and deliver a pizza to you, because it’s not my job.

In the end, she called me an asshole and hung up. C’est la vie, I suppose.

She called again about a half hour later to make certain that I understood that she thought I was an asshole. Yes, fear not, random, probably-stoned, pizza-craving insomniac lady, I got that message loud and clear. Go sleep off whatever substances you’ve indulged in tonight.

If this was a prank, it was awfully well played out, which means the caller has a great deal of spare time. If it was real, then this person evidently has the ability to roam free amongst us. Now tell me – which do YOU think is the scarier thought?

The second one.
    Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Oh, good grief. I don't have a car, so I plan ahead and go to the freaking grocery store when I'm out. Or I order pizza before 11:00. If you're really hungry you will eat what's in the house, lady.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Erhem! NOT a lady!!

Comment

Quoth Minflick View Post
          Erhem! NOT a lady!!
          Perhaps a laideasily, with "herb" dressing?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

If it were just one call, I would agree with prank. The second call clinches it--she was serious!
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
              If it were just one call, I would agree with prank. The second call clinches it--she was serious!
              Yeah, ditto.

Although I question the caller being stoned, since she didn't order twinkies and sandwiches to top her pizza.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I remember the night someone came into the coffee shop where I worked and tried to order a pizza. We didn't make pizzas.

Comment

Welcome to my world in the pizza biz where we: (please note the sarcasm)

deliver at ALL hours of the day or night (reguardless of the weather conditions)
                  have special one shot month long special pizzas FOREVER and always have them available for sale years after the special ended
                  be able to remember AND apply coupons and discounts from the age of the dinasours forward
                  are magically able to shit out pizzas in 5 minutes or less
                  have all other pizza companies products/deserts/specials/deals/ingredents/whatever since we are all just ONE BIG COMPANY
                  take prank calls seriously and slaveishly make $80 worth of food and then "eat" all that product waste.
                  deliver $3 worth of food because someone wanted JUST ONE order of breadsticks
                  have the plague of 8 year olds (sometimes 40 year olds) who believe that trying to prank a pizza place is GREAT FUN

I vote the OP a good prank OR someone who had a little tooooooo much something mind-altering.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

It's amazing how far people will go to misunderstand the concept of "no"
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I think the worst thing is you know this person is voting......

Comment

Of course--they're voting for [FRATCHAFRATCHAFRATCHAFRATCHA], because [FRATCHAFRATCHAFRATCHAFRATCHAFRATCHAFRATCHAFRATCHAF RATCHA].

Don't you just hate them for it?
                        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

please don't

No the worst part is that they probably reproduce

Comment

It's amazing how people react when they have the most ridiculous demands and get told no.... If she was really that hungry she would have eaten whatever food she had available in the house - even if it was just a tin of baked beans!

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                              No the worst part is that they probably reproduce
                              Please don't make me think of that out come we have enough of them in the US already... I think we should make a deal with the world we will take their hardworking poor and they have to take our morons.

Comment

Working...
                              X