This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We all have that one customer....

I love my job, I really do, don't get me wrong, especially if Awesome Manager or Awesome Assistant Manager are working with me. Often in the mornings however, I am by myself. Every single shift I have this guy comes in.

He looks at the store. "Where are your clearance racks."

They're labeled clearance you moron, can you not read?!?!?

Then when he gets to the clearance racks:

"How much is this?" is often his cry.

The price is on the tag!!! Please don't ask me. No seriously, see that little orange sticker? That is how much it is.

And then sometimes he complains about the price. "Too expensive," he will say of the 19.97 jacket.

Original price of that was sixty dollars. Get the hell out of my store if you please!

"Oooh that's nice. Can you put it on hold for me? I'll be back tomorrow to get it"

I smile at him and he leaves, and never ever comes back to get his fuckin merchandise. Asshole.

Simple. Never hold anything for him. Holds are for paying customers. I'd say to tell him "We don't have a clearance rack. Just a Clarence rack," but that one might get you in trouble
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

*grin* Well I have to hold it for him.... I just don't have to hold it for the full 24 hours

Comment

Tell him that all holds require a 50% non-refundable deposit, and the holds expire at the end of the day.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

It could be worse. He could be a serial returner. Using a credit card. And getting upset every damn time that you won't just give him cash, dammit!
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Back when I worked the seafood/meat counter at the grocery store, we had a lady who would come in every week. She never had anything good to say. Our prices were too high. We weren't friendly enough. You know the drill. Yet, she always spent a decent amount of money with us. It wasn't like we were the only grocery store in town. I always wondered why she didn't just go somewhere else if we were so bad.
            Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Working...
            X