This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    I don't recall Jesus running out of mana after one miracle.
    The Apostles carried his Mana Tide totems when people weren't looking.
    Flood

Comment

I've named mine "Prinny".
      I know it's been said once already but....

DOOOOOOOOOD!!
      /waits for a red moon

Now, I rest....and play Age of Conan. That too.
      Effing game killed our Everquest 2 server!! NOBODY IS ONLINE ANYMORE!! Also, I *was* gonna play it...up until my husband took the character I made and ran her around topless. I feel violated. :P

Quoth JustADude View Post
      I hate you... I hate you so effing hard right now. My heart says AoC, my pockets say Runescape. Got a buddy key you can spare?
      There's also the tiny issue of....buddy keys don't work. They've put a hold on them working until the server load eases up...which is a Date To Be Announced.
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

...The area code in question is 404...
        To their credit, these folks - while heavily armed and some coming from family trees that don't branch - are very polite. Even when they're suggesting I perform all manner of impossible acts with myself, they see "sir" and "thank you." Have to appreciate that.

Which is good, because cavity searches are pretty high on my daily list of things to avoid. Just under “bears”, "herpes" and "clowns".

<shiver> Clowns....
        Hrm. Can't really comment on the cavity searches, but I do have to wonder: why are folks so afraid of clowns? My girlfriend is petrified of 'em for some unknown reason - provides endless laughs for me when I use that against her.

Saving Throw: ( Save vs Crazy ) : *Success!* ( 18 + 2 = 20 )

Now, I rest....and play Age of Conan. That too.
        I would have figured that your +Save Vs Crazy would be higher by now. How is Age of Conan by the way?
        Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
          but I do have to wonder: why are folks so afraid of clowns? My girlfriend is petrified of 'em for some unknown reason - provides endless laughs for me when I use that against her.
          Apparently, it's because you can't see their real face behind the mask of the makeup. You can't read the real intent. Clown faces often look freaky and scary.

And, have you ever seen Killer Klowns from Outer Space?
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Killer Clowns from Outspace, hah. That was high quality cinema.

But yes, all clowns are inherently evil. ;p

I'm quite enjoying AoC so far. The production values make it feel like a single player rpg. All the npcs are fully voiced and you can TALK with them rather then just have them say one thing when you click on the. They actually have dialogue trees and conversations.

The melee combat system is pretty intense for an MMO. Really requires more smarts and reflexes then other mmos.

But I'm leaning towards the Priest classes right now. So if anyone else picks it up, at least you'll have a healer. =p

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              Have you tried putting a sign on your chair threatening bodily harm if anyone touches it? Or asking nicely if that doesn't work?
              No, they'd know I'd never catch them because they're gone by the time I start my shift. -.-
              How about an innocuous but worrying looking stain ? Make sure no one wants your chair.

Other than that you should be able to get your own chair if needed. You shouldn't even need to get anyone involved, once you mention back problems any sensible company will jump to make things right - because if they don't and you develop problems they may be liable. I got a chair by asking my employer and just mentioning the mild back pain I got towards the end of the day, my mother had a problem with hot desking and mentioned back ache and got them to make sure no one is allowed to reset her chair... These aren't necessarily caring employers, just ones with enough sense to avoid expensive potential law suits.

Tracking down and printing out the guide to how you're meant to set up a chair could also help. And one of those little steps, and a back cushion - gives you more options for potential comfort.

I feel mean that I enjoy you're call related suffering so much - but I have no interest in chair related suffering as this does not amuse me in anyway. So in my selfish way I do hope you can sort the problem out.

Victoria J

Comment

Quoth Namrepus221 View Post
                If I'm not mistaken 666 is an area code in Miami Florida
                Quoth Gravekeeper
                666 is also the local area code for the Vancouver International Airport. 604-666-xxxx -.-
                A search for area code 666 revealed no such area code, although people have claimed to have received calls from it. Most of the sites I found with a Google search for "area code 666" were discussing the 666 telephone exchange, not the 666 area code.

A phone number has the form (123) 456-7890. The 123 is the area code. The 456 is the exchange, although some people call it an area code. Thus the Vancouver airport is in the 666 exchange.

Moving on to other numbers, a friend of mine once had the car license tag "SET-666". Set is an old name for the devil.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Yes, that's what I meant but didn't have the right word for. Hence local area code was the only way I could think to describe it.

Comment

404? *cringes* That's Atlanta, my home town. Yeah, some people down here can get.... eh. *waggles hand* Alpha Strike's right though, even the most dirtcaked rednecks here will grit out a "please" and "yes ma'am".

And yes, I think I'm using that term correctly. This morning I ate breakfast in the booth next to a couple, both wearing camo shirts, the boy wearing a John Deere cap and hollering into his cellphone about plans he was making to go four-wheeling with a friend. Every exposed inch of his skin, including his face, was streaked in Georgia red clay. So yes, he was a dirtcaked redneck. And yes, he said "please" and "yes ma'am" to the waitress, in between his loud conversation and griping about the music being played (a soft rock station).

Also amusing, the US area code 867 is also in north Georgia.
                    Last edited by Skandranon; 05-28-2008, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Did 3 out of 4 messiahs prefer the United Church of America?
                      yes, and the crackers they serve there.

yum.
                      look! it's ghengis khan!
                      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I had a hunch about what state you were talking about and when I read some of your convos I knew I was right. We get a lot of 770- calls here; according to wiki 770- and 404- overlap. One of my more... memorable... calls from that area:

"You ain't gonna send me no n***** tech are y'all?"
                        "Excuse me?"
                        "Dem n***** techs dun never fix my problem right."
                        ".....uh....umm...... we can't specify the race of the tech...."
                        "Damnation! You jus' put I dun wan no n**** tech in dem notes den, okay hon?"
                        "Uh... okay..."
                        I think I put something like "Cust is very racist and angry and wants a white tech. I'm so sorry you have to read that."

He really made me wish I could close customer accounts.

Comment

CW: "Hey, how many lbs is .8 kilos?"
                          Me: "Eh? Why?"
                          CW: "Well the show said this thing has .8 kilos of force on impact. What's that in lbs?"
                          Me: "A kilo is what? 2.2 lbs or something?"
                          And every child of hippies and 80's coke fiends knows that a kilo is 2.2 lbs. My mother (one of the afore-mentioned hippies) once had an interesting time explaining to my grandmother (her mother) how she knew so quickly that 1 kilo equaled 2.2 lbs. My grandmother, being a sharp old bird, wasn't buying any of it. She also didn't buy that the 'F' in 'BFD' stood for 'fat.'

I've named mine "Prinny".
                          You'd better not try to throw her anywhere, or let anyone else do so. You'd have to get a replacement....

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                            .... I can't fathom how on Earth one could possibly call a phone center in order to enlighten the CSR with such knowledge. What services does the client on which line this prophet of modern times call provide ?
                            Let me roll my Knowledge: Gravekeeper Posts.

I seem to recall that the Hot Tips For America guy calls on a line that is some sort of emergency contact for the US Consulate.

Now to try my google-fu: Searching for threads started by Gravekeeper containing the phrase Hot Tips For America, I find the oldest one is "Death to America!" from 09-25-2006, where Gravekeeper told us that he answers the follwing kinds of phone lines:
                            The ones for certain unnamed US agency's with offices in Canada and, of course, the "I'm an American get me out of trouble" emergency line for US citizens in Canada.
                            So, my Knowledge roll must have succeeded, marginally.

Go back and read them all: Gravekeeper's posts are certainly worth it.

Comment

There's two separate ones. The "I'm American and did something stupid in Canada, SAVE ME" one doesn't actually get much. Its the other one that gets Hot Tips and Death to America guy as well as the others that only call once or twice in a blue moon like OH SHIT, COMMIES! woman.

Comment

Its the other one that gets Hot Tips and Death to America guy as well as the others that only call once or twice in a blue moon like OH SHIT, COMMIES! woman.
                                Do you get any non crazy calls on that line ?

Or is that why they farmed it out to the call centre - and they have some other method of contact for the saner people ?

Victoria J

Comment

Working...
                                X