Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious comment or off-color joke, it's not appropriate here either way. Please stick to the topic of the thread.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I will gladly park away from the store. The walking is good me anyway. Unless it is at night or raining. Then I park as close as I can get
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth TTAZ View Post
        Oh, please tell me that wasn't a serious comment, that you are repeating the punchline of an off-color joke.
        Yes it's just a joke.
        "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
          I'm one of those weirdos who gets a sense of security parking further away. That way I don't get in a mangled mess with everyone fighting over the closest spots.
          that's why I park on the opposite side of the parking lot from the door we're supposed to use. I can get close to the same spot every day, and don't have to deal with the mess. I already walk several miles every day as it is, what's another couple hundred yards?

Comment

Quoth Ringtail Z28 View Post
            Yes it's just a joke.
            I guess I just missed the humor in that tasteless statement.
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Mod Warning #2

Back on topic.
              Drop all the other stuff.

Thanks.
              "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
              HellGate: London

Comment

The person in the OP was a lazy bastard, no foolin'.

I do have to confess though, there are times when I'll circle the parking lot a few times to try and get a closer spot. Only in certain shopping centers though, and usually at night. I REALLY don't want to get mugged when I'm going to the mall or the gym... or ever, really...
                "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

I don't mind where I park unless the weather is bad...then I'll look for something close. Then again, I workout all the time so walking a bit farther than expected is nothing I mind.

Obesity saddens me when I see it with children. Kids these days are starting to get diseases that usually only happen in older people - such as a certain type of Diabetes that is brought on by obesity. It makes me really sad to see overweight children. I mean, adults should know better for themselves - but kids, they eat what their parents allow them too so I'm sorry, but I see most obesity in children as neglect. Before some of you get upset by that - I know there are cases where its not the parents fault and some other thing is at the cause - every case is different.
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                    I don't mind where I park unless the weather is bad...then I'll look for something close.
                    I'll park close if there's a nearby spot, but if I have to walk, no big deal.

Back when I was with the ex, that wasn't good enough. She'd insist I "park closer." And if there wasn't anything closer, she'd make me circle the damn parking lot until we either found something or something opened up. Sometimes, by the time we found something to her satisfaction, we could have been in and out, and on our way home.

And then she'd complain about becoming overweight. Maybe if she would have walked once in awhile... But hey, that was my fault too, just like everything else that went wrong in her life.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I usually park as far away as I can, partly for the walk, but also because I really hate trying to back out of a parking space when there's a huge SUV or pickup truck on both sides of me and I can't see where I'm going. It just makes me really nervous.

And apropos of the OP: I was reminded of a restaurant I worked at a long time ago. In our dessert case we offered Strawberry pie with whipped cream, which was really popular. There was one couple I remember who ordered two pieces with extra whipped cream. A few minutes later they sent them back. They'd eaten all the whipped cream and wanted more. A few minutes later it happened again.

Finally, they had the bright idea to request that they be given a whole cylinder of whipped cream so they wouldn't have to keep sending it back, and our MOD OK'd it.

But it wasn't enough. By the time they left, they had gone through two cylinders of whipped cream, and had only eaten about half of their pies.

I like whipped cream as much as anyone, but this story makes me a little sick.
                      Last edited by freaktard; 06-08-2008, 04:23 PM.
                      "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
                      "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
                      --Dilbert

Comment

Quoth freaktard View Post
                        But it wasn't enough. By the time they left, they had gone through two cylinders of whipped cream, and had only eaten about half of their pies.
                        Why didn't they just ask for a bowl of whipped cream? But, you're right, I like whipped cream, but that's just wrong!!!!

MadMike - that really sucks! I have been in a relationship where everything was my fault and I mean EVERYTHING!
                        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth freaktard View Post
                          Why didn't they just go to the store, buy a few cans of whipped cream, and make a night of it?

(Hey, SOMEbody had to go there.)

Seriously, strawberry pie - you shouldn't cover up that yummy-ness with loads of whipped cream. mmm...strawberries.
                          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

The good thing about the obese population is that a lot of them don't have health insurance. Therefore, when they have their first, second or third heart attack, they're forced into selling their home to pay the bills and and become part of the skinny, homeless population cause they can't afford steak and ribs anymore

heartless, yes; funny, Very
                            Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth trench2k View Post
                              The good thing about the obese population is that a lot of them don't have health insurance. Therefore, when they have their first, second or third heart attack, they're forced into selling their home to pay the bills and and become part of the skinny, homeless population cause they can't afford steak and ribs anymore

heartless, yes; funny, Very
                              And that is why the federal government is trying to get into the health insurance business...so there is no personal responsibility needed whatsoever.

But, on topic, if I can't find a close spot, I can walk and am just fine with it. Except when I'm at the Wal-Mart out on W. Rt. 9. It is friggin windy as hell out there (open land on three sides of the store). Then I just want to get in quickly. The more cars around me, the less likely my car gets hit by a miscreant cart.
                              Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

I always loved it at the movie theater when people would order the largest popcorn and make sure you layered it with butter every 2 inches then get a small diet coke. I'm sorry the lack of calroies in your drink in no way off sets the 2000 calorie bucket of heart attack you just ordered.
                                It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

Working...
                                X