This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
    3) You're not supposed to hold in gas. It's a bodily function for pity's sake. Unless it gets extremely distracting,
    That "extremely distracting" is the key.

I had a co-irker use that excuse. "It's natural!"

"Heck, dog shit's natural too, but I wouldn't bring a pooper scooper bag of it in and force it up under your nose every time you fart. Maybe."

Yeah, sex and urinating are also natural and you wouldn't do either of those here in our workspace. I'm not embarrassed by bodily functions, but the smell CAN be bad.

If they aren't animals, people can have some courtesy for those around them and not purposefully subject them to that.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
      Yeek. The ex is one of those...for some reason unknown to me, he feels the need to endlessly discuss the...characteristics...of various farts (and the dude wonders why I'll only talk to him via IM...you can block people or manufacture a program crash to get them to go away).
      My ex was one of those "serial farters" and just loved to discuss his bowel movements. That was just one more of his fine qualities that drove me away. He was 28 when we started dating but still loved the potty humor. We lived together briefly and his favorite thing was to try to get me to come and see the toilet after he...yeah. I never complied, so he thought it was funny to just not flush so I'd HAVE to see it. Still - not funny. AT ALL!

On the flip side of those who smell like they died years ago are those that bathe in their perfume/cologne. Just recently, I was at the gym and a guy passe dme and he not only reeked of gym sweat but also REEKED of whatever his flavor of cologne was. Which is extra nasty in the gym because I'm usually breathing heavier cause I'm working out and I'm taking those big deep breaths - sometimes those breaths unfortunately include someone's funk!
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
        We lived together briefly and his favorite thing was to try to get me to come and see the toilet after he...yeah. I never complied, so he thought it was funny to just not flush so I'd HAVE to see it.
        Holy Hastur Would he really not flush until you saw it? OK, there is just something seriously wrong there.

I think my ex thinks that because I work/have worked in 'guy' fields (theater tech, computer tech) I like potty/crude humor. Sorry, I grew out of that when I was about 12. My sense of humor can be warped, but not that way.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Record Store Tough Guy View Post
          ^^ Not really. It's not so much fruity as "I can't reach everywhere to wash." It's just a weird smell that doesn't seem like it should be coming from a human. And I know he can control it, because I've been around him when he cleans up for a gathering. I think it's just one of the many things he neglects on a day-to-day basis.
          This is going to sound so disgusting, but do you think it could be pheromones? I’ve got a friend who gets a weird sweet/stink to him when he doesn’t wash for a day and women flock to him. Considering I sort of find it attractive as well, I have to swear its pheromones. Its one of thoughs “God that sticks, but I sort of like it. Why!? Ewwww.” Thankfully his girlfriend has demanded more showers and baths and the smell is being controlled.

Comment

That's one of the weirdest things I have experienced, though not in a bad way. Or so I think. Every once in a while, I oversleep, so I have to wash in a rush, sometimes barely covering the basics of personal hygiene. One of these days, I decided to go for a drink after work, at one of the bars where I'm a regular. One of my female friends later comes in and gives me a big hug and tells me "I really like how you smell."

All mixed signals aside, here's something : I don't. I sometimes think it would benefit every one if I just could have a second shower during the day.

It really weirded me out for a few moments.
            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Well your the guy being hit on by the ladies, of course your going to like it. The pheromones are suppose to work on the oppisit gender after all. ::wink wink::

Comment

Some of the game store crowd would indeed attract females...female warthogs (for that matter, so can half of any given Red Line train on a summer day). I still fail to see how/why some males can see extreme BO as even remotely attractive. I suppose one could get so used to it to not notice themselves, but to not notice when everyone within a 50 foot radius is gagging?
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

That's the part that baffled me : if I notice my own body odor, it means it's bad, doesn't it ?
                  "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

I have to point out that when I'm serially farting, it's hilarious.

Rapscallion

Comment

I have a female coworker who I swear to all that is holy, wears a bottle of perfume a day. Boss Man told me he can't say anything to her.

It's a smell of way to much damn perfume mixed with body odor and heaven only knows what else.

I joke with my friend that I'm going to take a water hose to that woman, because I should not have to taste how a person smells. I have come close to almost barfing when she walked by right after I ate.

I could track every where she has been in the building blindfolded, simply by the lingering smell she puts off.

She also does not help my allergies in the least by dunking herself into a vat of perfume and stank.

She has six kids and a husband. Does her husband not notice she smells like perfumed death? He has obviously gotten close to her. I shudder to think of what he may smell like.

My children would tell me in a heartbeat if I over did the perfume, do her children not notice or are they too afraid to say anything?
                      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Working...
                      X