This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerkwod Who Thinks He Can Just Walk All Over Everybody

There's this blind guy who comes into our pizza store sometimes, and he's just the biggest douche ever. Actually he used to come in a lot when we were under different management. For some reason our old owner was always giving him discounts and stuff, but he's just the worst kind of entitled, rude, non-tipping customer imaginable. One time he was talking to one of our other customers who just happened to be a black guy. They were having a conversation about basketball. He called the Lakers "A bunch of niggers". Wow, man. I know you're blind and all, but even if you couldn't tell this guy was black, maybe you just refrain from showing how much of a bigoted piece of shit you are in public. He doesn't like ZigCat (my fellow employee and SC poster) for some reason. He also does something that's kind of cowardly and pisses me off. The last couple times I've had to deal with him, he's either called me an asshole or some other insult under his breath. "Ok, see you later ROB." "You too..asshole.." "Uhhh...what?" "Oh, nothing. Bye."

Anyways, here's what went down.

Sunday night rush. 7 o'clock. Sundays are one of our best nights pretty regularly and we were starting to get pretty busy.

ROB: Blind entitled jerkwod who we'll call Rob.
    ME: Nordel
    ZC: ZigCat
    DAN: another employee, we'll call him Dan.

Telephone rings.

ME: (name of pizza place)
    ROB: Is DAN, there?
    DAN sees his name on the caller ID. Hand signals to me that he's not here. ROB likes to chat up the one or two people left who will actually tolerate him, as everyone else has decided he's too horrible a person to have a conversation with. He's always trying to get free drinks and discounts and stuff like that. Or put more items on his already large and growing tab. By the way, we don't do tabs for anyone else. Just him. We can thank the previous owner for that I guess!

ME: Uhhhh...no, he's not actually working tonight.
    ROB: Yeah, right! Is this ZigCat?! Put DAN on you stupid mother fucker!

Click! You're done.

About 30 seconds later he calls again and I pick up the phone and hang up on his ass. Same thing happens again. I tell ZigCat and DAN about what has just transpired, and they agree.. he's done. After a few more times he seems to give up. If I remember correctly I think somebody might have picked up at some point and told him off but I was on a delivery.

About an hour later he shows up at the store, and we do the same as before, or at least I do. I see him up there at the counter and I just ignore him. I think he just stood there for a while, and I mean a while.. Like an hour or so. But we all just ignored him. We were in the middle of a rush, and after the way he treated ZigCat through me, I mean, just FUCK HIM! I was about ready to toss him out and tell him not to come around any more (I've heard from a few other businesses that have done exactly the same thing, I guess we're one of the only places left in the area that he's still "welcome" at!) What an asshole. Finally the stupid other delivery driver helps him while I'm on delivery. I'm not privey to how that conversation went, but she took his order and brought it out to him. Anyways, that's kind of an anticlimactic ending I guess. He barely comes around any more (probably because we don't give him discounts anymore.. My first day working there he screamed my head off because I rang him up for a Dr. Pepper at $1 instead of $.90! Oh, the horror!), but if he ever says anything like that again, I don't care what anyone says (and they'll probably support me), I'm blacklisting his ass.
    Last edited by Nordel; 06-03-2014, 01:52 PM.

And you know damn well that if you do turf this douchecanoe he'll play the Discrimination Card.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I would imagine he's probably tried to play that card with some of the other businesses that have blacklisted him.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
        And you know damn well that if you do turf this douchecanoe he'll play the Discrimination Card.
        Which is why you document, document, document.

The ADA does not protect asshattery. If you are a douche, you reap the consequences, disability be damned.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Ahh, how annoying. He's an adult, he needs to freaking act like one.

Make him pay the tab and don't let him have more food till he pays up.
          Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
            Which is why you document, document, document.
            No law can protect them if the reason for the ban is behavior-related.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
              No law can protect them if the reason for the ban is behavior-related.
              Doesn't mean they won't try. After all, it can't possibly their fault, right?

RIGHT????

But I agree, document everything, with witnesses and/or video, if possible. And it might not hurt to get statements from the other plaza tenants.
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Just because someone sold the SC a dead bird as a kid, doesn't mean he has to take it out on the rest of the world.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

"This is discrimination!"
                  "It sure is. We discriminate against assholes, bigots, racists, and people we just plain don't like."
                  Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                    Doesn't mean they won't try. After all, it can't possibly their fault, right?
                    Right about that, Crossbow
                    The three D's.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                      Just because someone sold the SC a dead bird as a kid, doesn't mean he has to take it out on the rest of the world.
                      *snerk* nice reference

Comment

Just remember those great magic words: We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                        X