Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prepaying will kill me, but hold this $50 while I pump my gas.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gaki View Post
    2. Debit. Works like cash. Put your PIN into the pump, it takes it out of your account "immediately" and you are on your way. If you prepay like this, you can come in and get the rest of your change either back on your card by putting your PIN in again or I can just give you cash out of the register.

You only have to fill up your car once or twice a week on average. And I understand that prepay is a hassle during those 1-2 times a week. But I have to deal with hundreds of people, hundreds of gas fill-ups, in a single day. And I thank GOD for prepay only.
    See when they changed the pumps to pay at pump they changed the card system to something similar. If I ask for $40, pump $35 the rest is still in my account. This changed the pre-pay from 'ridiculously horrible' to 'somewhat inconvenient'. It was when the debit card would have funds on hold for a week that I strenuously objected to the system.

It was never the cashiers fault though. They may have felt bad when I would go to a gas station, found it had gone to pre-pay and said 'ok, never mind' and drove to a different one, but I certainly never tried to make the cashier feel bad about it.
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
      I've been dealing with this for too long...

...My job is 100% better. 100% less stressful. 100% the job I wish it would have been when I started.

All from prepay only.
      What you said is pretty much spot on. We're supposed to use the intercom to greet every person not prepaying and get their plate number, make and model - there are even binoculars in case we have trouble reading the plate. This, in addition to taking care of the nearly nonstop customers standing in front of me, whom I believe should take precedence.

I also have a little update: I was in the middle of a transaction with a short line of customers when a man approached my register. While I was counting back the current customer's change, this man interrupted to tell me that we were "out of bug juice on both sides." At first I thought he was talking about the kiddie drink of the same name, but he gestured outside.

SC: The only reason I stopped in here was to clean off my windows, but you're out of bug juice!
      ME: Oh, I'm sorry. There should be a bucket at the next pump.
      SC: No, they're out on BOTH SIDES!
      ME: I promise we will get to it as soon as we can. If you're in a hurry, I'm sure there is some in one of the other nearby buckets.
      SC: All of them are out. Forget it!
      ME: I'm very sorry about that.
      SC: (storming out) No, you're not!
      ME: (calling after him) Have a nice day!
      ME: (to CW) He looked a lot like the guy who had a fit about prepaying awhile back.
      CW: I was just thinking the same thing.

Yep, we appear to have ourselves a repeat curmudgeon. CW told me later that when she went out to fill the wash buckets, only 4 out of 14 were empty, and none were the same island.

Comment

This reminds me of this sketch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVPHfN0ETUw
        the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

Working...
        X