This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm weird

So, I've mastered admining the new voicemail system within a few days. I've learned all kinds of things in no time flat.

But my biggest acomplishment thus far?

I created a two page mail merge letter, and got the computer to print it to the duplex printer on one page.

542 pages later, I'll have the username and passwords for the students done.

YAY!

I'm sad, aren't I?

Jenni
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Tech, I was about to make a post about my unbridled glee at receiving my very first "contact webmaster" e-mail from someone viewing our company website (which re-furbished from its original cruddiness) so no, I wouldn't say you're sad in the least.

[The e-mail, by the way, just said this: "too wide for screen." (sigh)]
    Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Thanks Puck, you've made me feel better!

Jenni

Comment

Quoth technical.angel
        Thanks Puck, you've made me feel better!
        Anytime.
        Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Quoth technical.angel
          But my biggest acomplishment thus far?

I created a two page mail merge letter, and got the computer to print it to the duplex printer on one page.
          I was ridiculously proud of myself the day I did my first mail merge

So I don't think you're weird at all!

Comment

I also get excited about those kinds of things.

We just got new printer/copier/fax machines a few weeks ago, and I figured out how to print envelopes through it so we could save money on mailing labels. We never did that on our old printer because it would mangle the envelope and jam the printer. I was so proud of myself!

I, too, remember being extremeley excited when I got my first webmaster email. I still feel all important when I get them, its like I have a kind of super-power or something.

One more thing - when I first started this job, I was so happy when I found out I could order my own pens and post-it notes. You would have thought I had won the lottery! Where I worked before this place, you had to fight for pens and post-its, or buy your own. Where I'm at now lets me pick what I want, and they pay for it all! I even get to order myself a niftly calendar every year!

If this all makes me weird . .. so be it!

WEIRDOS OF THE WORLD UNITE!
            "I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons" - Douglas Adams
            "If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off . . . " - unknown

Comment

Quoth Phoenix79
              I, too, remember being extremeley excited when I got my first webmaster email. I still feel all important when I get them, its like I have a kind of super-power or something.
              Mine usually involve getting a degree or cheap drugs without a prescription.

Anyone think I should be excited about that?

Rapscallion

Comment

I still get all giddy when something I suggest to a customer actually works.

Caller: I'm not getting my digital channels.
                Me: Unplug your box for thirty seconds, then plug it back in.
                Caller: It worked.
                Me: It did?! Really?! Wow! I'm supertech!
                I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Raps, I'd be damn excited about that. I got my Pd.h in Ph4rmo$uu+icle Rsceearh for $29.95 from Online Univeristy of Nig3ria! Think of the doors that can open! I've had hundreds of job offers from all kinds of Nigerian government officials and royalty. Opportunity's knocking, my friend. Won't you let him in?
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she ought fall down, let's you know she's hurting 'fore she keens...makes her a home."

Comment

Speaking of Nigeria . . . . they keep emailing me telling me I've won the lotto. Strange since I never play the lotto . . . but it made me happy thinking about what I'm going to spend my $3 million on. Now, I just have to send them my bank account number, $5,000, and my first born child, and I'm set!

Phoenix
                    "I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons" - Douglas Adams
                    "If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off . . . " - unknown

Comment

Well, I can beat that, Phoenix! Someone with my last name DIED in Nigeria, and if I give them my bank account info, I'll get my "inheritence"!

Beat that!

Jenni

Comment

Does $10 pills that will turn my manhood into a tree trunk count?
                        I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Why would you want to shrink it?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth technical.angel
                            Well, I can beat that, Phoenix! Someone with my last name DIED in Nigeria, and if I give them my bank account info, I'll get my "inheritence"!

Beat that!

Jenni
                            What a coincidence, there's like 5 people by the name last name Jones that just died in england, france, and 3 in nigeria and if I send them my information I'm gonna be rich too woo hoo no more work for me!!!!

NOTE: my last name is nowhere NEAR Jones HAHAHA
                            "They have the internet on computers now?"
                            ~Homer Simpson

Another day at work, another broken desk

Comment

Quoth technical.angel

Beat that!

Jenni

Oh yeah, some dude wants to just give me money (no relation) for helping him establish a new bank account through my own. All I gotta do is sign this contract here with a quill of my own blood and I'm in buisness!
                              Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X