This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haz a bug :(

Trying to log on last night,I'm getting a message 'Unable to connect to the database'.Previous to that,I was getting a nice little sign saying 'the administrator has blocked your IP'.
    I'm using Tor-perhaps there's a problem with my browser which is why I get the blocked notice-perhaps there was a site problem which was giving the unable to connect message?
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

I couldn't even connect to the site at all for some time last night, myself.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Last night, we were having major issues for a period of about 4.5 hours (running from ~21:15GMT to ~0145GMT). During this window, if you could get through at all, the site was super slow (taking minutes to load the home page).

During this time, I checked into the server, and saw that everything was up, and the server was running (apparently) normally. I even did some reboots during that window, to no avail.

In the end, it looks to have been something to do with networking in the data center where the server resides. The problem cleared itself without any intervention on my part, so I am forced to believe that this was something on that end.

Comment

Working...
      X