Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Want This Special Even Though It Doesn't Exist!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want This Special Even Though It Doesn't Exist!!

I rarely have any customers whose behavior I feel is worth posting. Yesterday, though...well, let's just say this guy wasn't screaming or cussing, but he did give a lot of catbutt face. He came to the counter with two twenty ounce pops (or sodas, if you prefer) and a can of energy drink. As my manager rang him up, he began to go on about how there was some sort of special on them, and how at another C-Store they had to look it up. This, I will call bullshit part one. Our specials are all put in the computer by corporate, at every store. Also, we have a list that sits right on the register that tells us every special going on for that month. Oh no, no, he insists, there is a buy two pops get an energy drink free special. The manager doesn't give in. End result?

"Forget it! I'll go to the other C-Store! Someone there knows about this special!"

Cue mega catbutt face, and stomping to the cooler to put his precious drinks back before he left. Yeah... good luck with that one, buddy. I worked at the store you're going to before I came to the one I'm at. We're all in the same corporation, with the same computer systems and the same specials. Now, if you want to buy a couple of twelve packs, you can get your energy drink free. That special exists. The special you so haughtily demanded? Non-existent. Period. Oh, and one more thing? Thanks a fucking lot for putting the energy drink back not only in the wrong spot, but in the wrong cooler entirely! Not only are you a demanding asshole, but you're also lazy. Go fuckin' figure!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
    ... in the wrong cooler entirely!
    Not on the hot dog rollers!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Well, you know...the scam failed, so he didn't want to bother walking all that way back to the correct cooler.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I think I would have blatantly called him out on it and said, "sorry man, you might be at the wrong store..."

Comment

Yeah, you guys are right. My sucktomers tend to turn into two-year-olds sometimes. Actually, that's almost an insult to some of the well-behaved tots I've seen in the store! Ha!

Comment

Some people...I'm not sure if it's an actual mental illness or a disability, but in most cases just shitty upraising....some people just absolutely cannot handle being wrong or hearing something they don't want to hear.

I have a coworker who will literally turn around, walk away, and ignore a person for (at the very least) the rest of the shift if he hears something he doesn't like. And I don't mean "turn around and walk away" in the sense of avoiding punching someone or being the better person....I am honestly saying, he's that big of a baby, that he hears something he doesn't like, turns around, walks away, and generally pouts or looks at the floor the rest of the shift.

Then there's those snarky assholes that are proven wrong but still just won't stop....or they'll throw a tantrum or make a scene if they do decide to give up.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

But OP's store DID have that special. Unfortunately the SC was too late - the offer had expired. It was only available Feb. 30th and 31st.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                But OP's store DID have that special. Unfortunately the SC was too late - the offer had expired. It was only available Feb. 30th and 31st.
                He shouldn't worry though. I hear they're also having it on the 31st of April, June, September and November.
                "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Hahaha! Funny enough, I did consider that it was something last month, but I don't think it was. I may try that line next time someone pitches a fit about a special though!

Comment

Working...
                  X