This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irv was rude today!

So, I was standing in the aisle discussing something with a couple co-workers. A woman with a cart heaped full of stuff waved two pull tags, for a sofa and a TV in my face, and asked if she could check out in electronics.

I suggested it would be easier for her to check out up front because of reasons, such as:

- among the items in her cart were a big bag of dog food and two 24-packs of soda that would need to be lifted out of the cart and over the electronics counter to be scanned, and one or possibly both co-workers are on wieght-lifting restrictions,

- the two co-workers I was talking with are both extremely rusty with their cashiering skills, and I am not cashier-trained at all, and

- the woman pulled a big wad of gift cards out of her purse, and again the two-co-workers run registers very infrequently and might not have known what exactly to do.

Well, you should have heard her huff and puff. I was rude. I was unhelpful.

She clomped on up to the front registers and was checked out pretty quickly considering how much stuff she had and how many gift cards she was using to pay for it all. All the while she was complaining about how unhelpful we were. The cashier told her "They probably didn't know how to run the registers."

And then she continued to give me glares of death as I loaded her sofa and TV into her vehicle.

I am expecting a hit on a future round of customer service surveys, and possibly a negative comment on my appalling rudeness. But it can't be directly tied to me. I wasn't wearing a name tag. Haven't worn one in over two years since my last one broke and nobody's bothered me about getting a new one. I'm such a rebel.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Oh yes, the old tired and worn out "He told me no=rude" excuse.

But at the end of the day, what can you do? You can't please everybody all the time but you can sure piss off everybody all the time.

Pity she didn't accuse you of ruining her holiday . . . now that would've had you a giant head start in this year's Ruined Holidays contest.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Oh, wicked, bad, naughty, evil Irv! Oh, he is a rude person, and he must pay the penalty!
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

When I saw the thread title my first thought was, "Good for you Irv!"

Wanna bet that she calls to complain and insists she knows your name?
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          Oh yes, the old tired and worn out "He told me no=rude" excuse.
          Sad thing is, it's not a case of saying "no" either; some people can't seem to handle the concept of delayed gratification, even if it means they can get exactly what they want/need, just because it's not possible right here/right now.
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            I wasn't wearing a name tag. Haven't worn one in over two years since my last one broke and nobody's bothered me about getting a new one. I'm such a rebel.
            I don't wear one either. I've got one, but it fell off so many times I got fed up and don't bother now. Everyone knows who I am anyway.
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              I wasn't wearing a name tag. Haven't worn one in over two years since my last one broke and nobody's bothered me about getting a new one. I'm such a rebel.
              A rebel without a name.
              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                A rebel ...
                ... without a blame.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                X