This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• criminal nearly attacks SCs kids

This couple checked in with (I last counted) 15 kids last night. Mad because we won't allow them all to be stuffed in one room. Most of the kids were in their early teens. So the Couple of the Year (COTY) agree to use multiple rooms, one for them, 3 for the rest for the kids.
    The couple stayed in their room to do couply stuff I guess, and meanwhile the kids were tearing the whole hotel up. Lounging everywhere. Running thru hallways. Going outside and running up and down the street. This is verrry dangerous because it was past midnight and the street we're on is very sketchy at night.
    I'm in the middle of doing something when BAM! The front doors fling open and I see a blur of a couple of preteens fly by (man they were fast) and a man chasing them. I hear footsteps running and a gasp and a scream. I hear something hitting the floor.

I go to look but find nothing. So I write it off as them horsing around when a man approaches.

"Hey, there was a weirdo chasing some girls but I stopped him," he says.

"Um....good?" I say. I go and check the security cams. Sure enough, there's a suspicous man with his face covered lurking around. He seems to be outside of the hotel, not inside, so I just keep an eye on him. He disappears and lock the door just in case.

I don't think much of it until COTY soon after that comes down and orders all the lounging kids to go to bed. With much whining they do so. I think, FINALLY!

COTY approaches me. "Can I help you?" I say.

"Yeah, didja know that there was a mentally ill weirdo chasing one of my kids?" They say. "They're ok, but they were SCARED."

"Uh...you want me to call the police?" I ask.

"YES!"

So I call and they send an officer. He talks to COYT.... They were roaming around up and down the street, unchecked, when a weirdo with a mask saw them, ran after them. They ran back to the hotel, and the weirdo ran after them. I was right at the front but it happened so quick I didn't see anything but a blur. The officer catches the weirdo a little while later, and guess what, he's a career criminal.

The crimnial goes to jail for the other crimes he committed, and all's well. But Really, watch your d*** kids! Those girls were lucky he didn't pull them in an alleyway and well, you know.
    And some people WONDER why why we lock the doors.

After dealing with all of that I was ready to go home, but still 5 hours left. I got a call from someone who didn't know how to use the remote.

After taking 2 minutes taking him thru it, he hisses, "It SHOUUULD be easier, I don't like it!" I didn't say it, but I felt like saying, there are 100+ people in the hotel. ALLLL of them have figured out how to use the remote. Except you. What does that tell you? Idiot, yes? BTW, the remote isn't llike one of those remotes with 100s of buttons and all that crap. POwer. Channels. Volume. I said that I would speak with my manager, then wrote a note on his reservation to corporate in case he complains.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

I remember my old hotel locked all the side doors at 11pm and directed people to use the front one; the doors even warned that if you went out, you would be locked out. Many people didn't get it, and would pound like crazy on the door like that would open them back up. They also bitterly complained about 'being under house arrest.' Well, if you would like to find a homeless guy sleeping outside your room then we'll leave the doors unlocked!

As for crazy guy and the SCs, yes, watch your kids! I wonder how many noise complaints stemmed from their running around too.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Lol. Hotels should have remotes with power, volume and channel up/down buttons that are 2" square for staff to deliver to people with issues lol

Comment

They were seriously going to try to cram that many kids into one room? How were they going to sleep - standing up?

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
          They were seriously going to try to cram that many kids into one room? How were they going to sleep - standing up?
          Not to mention, the fire marshall would have a fit with that bad of crowding. Fire hazard and all. Not that the kids weren't enough of a hazard running amok and nearly getting themselves killed. Stupid parents should've taught them better and kept an eye on them.
          Last edited by XCashier; 03-19-2014, 05:04 PM.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

And if Widdle Pwecious had been hurt guess who would get the blame (and no, it's not COTY!)!

Comment

Kids running wild? Were they disturbing the other guests? If so, I can easily understand COTY being given ONE warning to keep them under control. Second offense? Out you go - and no refund for any of your 4 rooms.

A couple and 15 kids? Unless it was the Duggar family, it's unlikely that all of the kids were theirs. How did they GET to the hotel? Even with 2 minivans, that would have left 3 people without seats.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                Kids running wild? Were they disturbing the other guests? If so, I can easily understand COTY being given ONE warning to keep them under control. Second offense? Out you go - and no refund for any of your 4 rooms.

A couple and 15 kids? Unless it was the Duggar family, it's unlikely that all of the kids were theirs. How did they GET to the hotel? Even with 2 minivans, that would have left 3 people without seats.
                I knew a family with 9. They owned a minibus.

Comment

I think, I'm not sure, that only some of the kids were actually theirs, the rest of cousins of the kids or maybe friends. IDK. And I think they took the public bus.
                  And I bet that they were disturbing the other guests, with their antics, but I didn't get any calls of complaints. If so, I would have to tell them to knock it off, and then throw them out. But since no one called, well...like I said, I'm not their babysitter and I have a back office to retreat to so I don't have to listen to them yelling.
                  Plus, the city's curfew is midnight for kids, so it was possible the police would've picked them up if they'd seen them. So the kids were breaking the law as well. Little hooligans! :P
                  Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                  The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post

The Duggar family children would have been MUCH better behaved, having been raised to be respectful and polite. Not to mention, the Duggars have a huge bus for transportation AND would, of course, pay for the sufficient number of rooms (not 5 people in a room).

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                      The Duggar family children would have been MUCH better behaved, having been raised to be respectful and polite. Not to mention, the Duggars have a huge bus for transportation AND would, of course, pay for the sufficient number of rooms (not 5 people in a room).
                      Also I believe that one or two of the kids have moved out on their own.
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
                        the city's curfew is midnight for kids, so it was possible the police would've picked them up if they'd seen them. So the kids were breaking the law as well. Little hooligans! :P
                        I was going to ask about that. Don't tell me COTY was expecting you (the hotel staff in general) to chaperone/babysit.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                        X