This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back

I disappeared for a while to concentrate on my studies during the semester. Now that the semester is over, I have some free time. This semester has been hard. My wife and I had been expecting our first child. She was born prematurely two days after classes started, and died a few hours later. I posted about that. So, for the first few weeks, I was mentally absent even though I never missed a day of classes. I started out doing okay on school work despite the rough start, but then began to slide downhill about midterm. I was fast getting overwhelmed by the pressure I was putting on myself to get over everything and concentrate on my studies. My wife and I finally sought grief counseling to help me cope with our loss, and my mounting frustration with my school and work schedule. I was running the risk of burning out between my conveniece store job, the work-study job at the museum, a full class load, and studying an average of 5 hours a night on top of that. I finally started pulling things together through a lot of sleepless nights. I wanted to do well after hitting the Dean's List in the fall, and being accepted into the Alpha Sigma Lambda adult student honor society this spring. It was a tough semester, but I've managed to do well despite everything. It looks like it's all A's and B's once again as I've finally gotten final grades for the semester. So, I'm back for now.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Sorry to hear about your loss...

Mike
    Meow.........

Comment

Welcome back. Sorry about you loss. It hasn't been a good year for a lot of people so far. Here's hoping it gets better!

Comment

Thank you!
        The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
        X