This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mjr View Post
    This right here is why I like to watch CinemaSins on YouTube.
    They are awesome, aren't they?
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
      ... I usually end up with a running commentary ...
      Da Boss and I have discussed many times about how you never watch a legal drama with her (an attorney), or ancient history with my mother (ancient art historian), or computer stuff or aircraft stuff with me (software engineer and former flight simulation engineer).

There are a lot of things that either writers don't know about, or that they disregard in order to tell a better story... (Or for other reasons.)
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Only a dolphin, ma'am
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
          ...or computer stuff...
          I'm not a computer anything (other than a user) and even I sit there scoffing at on-screen "hacking". Fond as I am of the series, don't get me started on NCIS's Abby and Tim typing on the same keyboard... *shudders*
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I've just started Jaws 2 and I'm mixing up some tuna salad. Def. won't finish the movie tonight. It's late.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
              I'm not a computer anything (other than a user) and even I sit there scoffing at on-screen "hacking". Fond as I am of the series, don't get me started on NCIS's Abby and Tim typing on the same keyboard... *shudders*
              Probably my all-time "favorite" in this regard was S1m0ne. Computers usually get treated as magic (or rather, the wrong sort of magic ), but the prominently labeled "VIRUS" disk was a topper: Someone puts the disk in the machine, and "the computer girl" dissolves into a whirling (iirc) cloud of pixels. Later someone else sees the disk and pulls it back out, and she reforms from another cloud of pixels.

That's not "getting the tech wrong", that's saying "shut up, this movie isn't actually about computers".

Comment

Working...
              X