This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye, Yeller Cab

Well folks, it's come to this. I wasn't making money at Yeller Cab. Sure, at first things were fine, but then one week I found myself a bit upside-down -- remember, I was leasing a cab from the company -- and I never recovered.

Yeller Cab will let drivers who owe money continue to lease cabs -- after all, if they're not working, how will they ever pay the company back? The drivers can receive enough cash from the cashier to gas the cab, but that's it. Considering I was driving a Dodge Caravan with a 20-gallon gas tank, and I was essentially burning through the entire tank every day, at Desert Hell's prices that's $50-$60 every day. That's it, and no more.

Have you ever tried to survive on $0/day? It's... an interesting experience, one I've had to do before, and was frankly surprised to find myself revisiting. I survived by skimping on gas and eating the cheapest food I've had in years. I'm also a month behind on certain bills, and I have emptied my bank accounts just to avoid Bad Things(tm).

I asked the company for help. If I could get back to the point where I was bringing some money home, and was paying the company back in payments, I would be fine. Hell, I'd probably stay there forever. But no, no less than 4 managers told me the company would not finance me. Fine.

So, I went to the operations manager of Big Green Cab Co, and as of last Monday, I'm once again driving a Big Green Cab. I'm not particularly happy here -- I left for a reason -- but at least I'm making money again. The good news is, I spent 6 years here, I know the systems, I can do this. Yeller Cab, I never really got comfortable with anything.

One other nice thing is that I can go back to wearing the uniform shirts I've been wearing for several years, instead of wearing out my other "good" shirts. These things are indestructible.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

You gotta do what you gotta do. Yeller cab has to send business your way. If they don't bring in the business, you don't make money. If you can't make money, you won't stick around.

Good luck.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

If you'd not at least tried working for Yeller, you'd feel worse off. Now at least you know that they're not a good fit for you. It sucks, but it's better than if you'd never given it a go.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

At least Big Green re-hired you. There are firms that won't....regardless of the circumstances.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
        X