• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To quote Eliza Doolittle....

Say one more word and I'll scream!
    Don't talk of June, don't talk of fall
    Don't talk at all....

*Sigh*

So our "short" meeting yesterday lasted two hours....

BG: We set these up once a week to keep each other updated on how busy we each are and to reassign work when someone starts to get swamped (since we're all cross-trained to some extent, and peak times for different areas vary). It's also the time when the manager updates us on pending legislative/policy changes, upcoming issues to be aware of, etc.

My contribution is usually less than 5 minutes. Here's what I've finished, here's what I'm working on, and here's what I'm planning to start. If I need a dedicated processing day or extra help with a project, this meeting is the place to mention it.

Three of the others have been turning the meeting into "these are all the questions I have for the manager" times, which is how a meeting scheduled for a half-hour routinely (EVERY WEEK) takes 1.5-2 hours. And aside from the rare exception, none of these are things that need input from anyone but the manager and they would be much better handled (at least in my opinion, since I'm the one wasting 2 hours doing nothing) one-on-one, and only brought to the full meeting if the answer becomes a change in established procedure that we all need to be aware of.

What's worse, some of the issues are things that the analyst should already know the answer to and be able to handle on their own.

All this means that by the end of our meeting yesterday, my patience was completely burned out.

ugh meeting hell!

nothing like people trying to discuss questions during a meeting... when they can easily address their own personal matters before or after.

Comment

Working...
    X