This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a boo boo....:(

I went to the movies last night to watch "Now you see me." The theatre was blissfully emptyish as most people went to see Man of Steel. We get there at 10:15 and settle in for the 10:30 movie. Interestingly enough, hubby and I ( who have just purchased matching cell phones) both make note of the fact that we don't have service in the theatre.

Movie ends 12:30 and we leave. As my phone picks up service I realize I have 10 texts, 2 voicemails, and 3 FB messages.

Turns out I was on call for work and completely forgot. THey had been trying to contact me since about 10:25. I called the charge nurse and he said not to worry about it, that they found a volunteer to cover what it was they wanted me to do. I feel like the worlds biggest asshole right now.

I'm fully expecting a write up come Monday.

On the up side, I guess i liked the movie.

Depending on your work record, honesty is probably the best policy - if it is the first time you have done it and you have a good track record, you MIGHT get away with a stern talking to or a proverbial slap on the wrist. Just make sure that they know it was a complete accident and that it won't happen again. Just don't panic too much over it.
    Violets are blue,
    Roses are red,
    I bequeath to thee...
    A boot to the head >_>

Comment

How interesting, could be dumb luck that phones don't work there, but if they're jamming and you're in the US, that's actually against the law.

That said, i'd definitely say honesty is the best policy, not only did you forget which is an honest mistake, but you couldn't exactly expect your phone not to work in the theatre.
      Seph
      Taur10
      "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Ouch!

Been there, Amia. Hopefully, it'll just be a verbal warning, not a full write up. But I did this once, felt really bad, and was very careful never to do it again.

Keep us updated.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I still feel horrible about it. It turns out, I really ended up screwing my dept over. i deprived them of a nurse on the floor since she got pulled away to do the rape kit I was supposed to do. Also caused the on call nurse, wh had already been there for 12 hours working, to have to stay another 3 hours as they dealt with the volume of patients they had.

I have never done this before. My manager is awesome, but if she follows hospital policy,I will get a write up and I can't blame her. Ill see what happens tomorrow evening.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
            I still feel horrible about it. It turns out, I really ended up screwing my dept over. i deprived them of a nurse on the floor since she got pulled away to do the rape kit I was supposed to do. Also caused the on call nurse, wh had already been there for 12 hours working, to have to stay another 3 hours as they dealt with the volume of patients they had.

I have never done this before. My manager is awesome, but if she follows hospital policy,I will get a write up and I can't blame her. Ill see what happens tomorrow evening.
            Accept it when you talk to your manager. Own it, like you did here. I'm sure you'll be fine; it will be a valuable learning experience for you. Frame it that way and I'm sure your manager will give you a second chance. I'm sure you'll get a write up, but I'm also sure you will rise above it.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Even if you get a write-up, it probably won't change your manager's opinion of you. You have a good track record, and I'm sure it'll just be a formality he/she has to enact.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

So, saw the manager yesterday and she didn't mention it. I saw the charge nurse as well and all he did was laugh at me, good naturedly. I may have dodged a bullet. I'm slightly relieved.

Was on call last night. Put the phone on DUPER SUPER loud. And slightly redeemed myself when I showed up after they called me. Lol

Comment

Quoth Javarod View Post
                  How interesting, could be dumb luck that phones don't work there, but if they're jamming and you're in the US, that's actually against the law.
                  Or the theater could have been built as a "faraday cage" (dealing with the doors would be somewhat complex). AFAIK, that's not illegal (it's shielding to keep the signal from getting into the theater, rather than actively interfering with the signal the way a jammer would).
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    Or the theater could have been built as a "faraday cage" (dealing with the doors would be somewhat complex). AFAIK, that's not illegal (it's shielding to keep the signal from getting into the theater, rather than actively interfering with the signal the way a jammer would).
                    Not a bad idea when you think about it. Most movie goers HATE the sound of a ringing cell phone or the light of some retard in the middle section texting through out the movie. A Faraday cage setup would shut that down right quick.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                      So, saw the manager yesterday and she didn't mention it. I saw the charge nurse as well and all he did was laugh at me, good naturedly. I may have dodged a bullet. I'm slightly relieved.

Was on call last night. Put the phone on DUPER SUPER loud. And slightly redeemed myself when I showed up after they called me. Lol
                      It could still come up in your performance evaluation, but for it to really stick you have to have the formal write up. So I think you probably did dodge the bullet.

That tells me your manager probably thinks it won't happen again.

Comment

Working...
                      X