Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Japan they have signs in English and in Japanese at escalators. They also have a pleasant female voice giving instructions on how to properly ride the escalators in Japanese and English on a special elevator intercom. As well as barriers starting far down the escalator to prevent little rascals from leaning over the banister. And with the spate of Crocs and other soft shoes getting caught in escalators and children <i>loosing</i> toes there are new signs up with cute characters telling kids to stand within the yellow lines. Then the incident of the kid leaning over the railing and getting nailed in the head by the barrier and then <i>stuck</i> in it was a few months ago (he's all right for nearly being beheaded).

Oh! And the two escalators (one at a large department store, one at some sort of museum) getting over filled and starting to go backwards instead of forwards causing injuries.
    "There is a sadist inside me. She likes cake." - Krys Wolf, my friend

In a coffee shop in Whitehouse, Texas: "Unsupervised children will be given two shots of espresso and a free puppy."

Comment

For a forum that loves quoting movies, I am surprised no one posted these quotes:

"That kid is on the escalator again!!!!!"

"I hope his pant leg gets caught and a blood-bath ensues!!!!" Something about his mother deserving experiencing that kind of horrific event....

Yeah that's Brodie from Mallrats.
      When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

And to think the worst thing I experience on escalators is the vertigo on really long ones - for example to deep underground railway stations. I prefer to take the lift on some of those.

Honestly, these things *are* safe, so long as you *aren't* a Darwin Award Nominee. Which includes taking your pushchair-with-infant on them.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
          Well the elevator was about 10 feet away and the sign at the bottom which had "NO STROLLERS ALLOWED" in big red letters.
          Point taken.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
            For a forum that loves quoting movies, I am surprised no one posted these quotes:
            I believe I chided everyone for not mentioning that movie back on the second page.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
              (and when the hell did kids start going shopping on field trips? We went to museums and, oh, I don't know...educational places
              While I was in rehab from my stroke, we took a field trip to a mall, so we could get the hang of walking with the speed of most other people. Scared the crap out of my handler, by blurting, randomly, "Oh, man, I think I'm about to die." as in, "I'm running out of energy" toward the end of our trip. She took it as, "OMG, I don't think I'll survive until the bus..."
              Quoth Shards View Post
              "I love escalators, because they never break, they simply temporarily become stairs."
              Sorry for the convenience.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I know someone an escalator tried to eat.

Srsly.

So my friend, M, has this pretty significant scarring on the palm of one of her hands - not so you'd notice normally, but if she tried to say, hi five you, you'd see something was off.

Seems she was sitting down on an escalator as a young kiddo, and got nabbed as the "stairs" compressed at the top of the ride - it tore her hand right up, and it took a LOT of surgery and a LOT of Physical Therapy to get her where she is today.

Watch yourself on those things. They're really only a couple steps away from people-mangling geartoothed horrors.

I do like walking up them quickly though, so I shoot off the top at super-speed, so I'm not exactly a good example

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  I believe I chided everyone for not mentioning that movie back on the second page.
                  doh! How'd I miss that!
                  When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Working...
                  X