This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refund my bank charges

[background: As a large corporation, sometimes we are nice to our customers, and give them money off their next purchase (rebate style) ]

SC originally calls us because he has misplaced/lost in mail/stolen/whatever story, and wants a replacement,

Fair enough - we do this, and (the critical point) we put a stop on the other check

Fast forward 2 months - SC is calling back - His bank charged him for trying to deposit the stopped check, and he wants us to refund the charges
    The reason he gave for trying to cash the other check - he thought [big corporation] had grown a heart and were just being nice to him

Management were sort of ok on this - they didn't give him his money back (referred to [on mute] as idiot tax) but they did extend his warranty 3 months

What bank charges? Is this the same as if I deposit a check that bounces? I'd be frustrated too, but I'd also have the sense to contact your company first and find out what you wanted done with the check. Idiot tax indeed.

Bonus if he already spent the bogus funds and his account is now in the negative because of it.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Oh, I've dealt with that many times over the years. You have people who forgot to transfer their money to the correct account, or people who put in their bank account number incorrect, causing a "bounced" check to occur. Yet, it was the company's fault, not the customer's, and how dare us not contact their bank to have their bounced check charges refunded. I'll tell you, it's tough enough raising children these days, and now these asshats want us to hold their hands as well.

Comment

Jackass

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          What bank charges? Is this the same as if I deposit a check that bounces? I'd be frustrated too, but I'd also have the sense to contact your company first and find out what you wanted done with the check. Idiot tax indeed.

Bonus if he already spent the bogus funds and his account is now in the negative because of it.
          Sort of the same, but these were related to the fact that to combat fraud, we warn the bank that the check is no longer valid. The customer was reissued a valid check - same amount, etc (and it costs us to stop the check), and as it was 'lost' we had no expectation that someone would attempt to cash it

Comment

Working...
          X