X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should probably stop going to work.

Closing time: 9PM
    Time of occurrence: 9:10PM

These guys have been in here since 830, and finally meander up to the counter at 9 on the dot.

SC: Yeah, we want a PS3.
    CW: Okay, do you want the 80gig or the 40gig?
    SC: Oh, we don't know yet. Hmmmmm..
    SC2: Oh, haha, you're closed aren't you. Haha. Well we aren't sure what we want yet. I'll bet we're in your hair, haha.
    Me: -grunt-
    SC: Haha, wait twenty years when you have kids, then you'll understand! Haha!
    Me: Wait til you've actually worked retail and have been here since noon, haven't had a chance to eat anything and can't feel your feet they hurt so bad.
    SCs:

Shit. I did it again...But at least it made them decide a whole hell of a lot quicker what they wanted...Maybe I'm subconsciously trying to get myself fired.
    Would you like a Stummies?

<Claps>

Brav-o! Marty, I tip my hat to you.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
      I'll bet we're in your hair, haha.
      Good work on realizing it. Now take that next step and do something about it.

And yes, excellent job on your part.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

marty, I support you no matter what and I do not think any of your recent posts have been sucky on your part in the least, but PLEASE take a day off or call in or something before some asshat gets you in trouble.

You will notice as things go more and more downhill and you get more and more drained, your professional best employee ever brain to mouth filter will fail more and more often.....again, not saying you are in the wrong in ANY way, but I don't want you getting in any trouble over some random fuckwad out to ruin your day.

Trust me....I am just sitting here hoping and praying that I get to take all of next week off because I have been on a rampage lately. Every night at work gets worse. I have not been able to control my mouth for the past couple of weeks. Last Friday morning I blew up at somebody for insinuating I was lazy because I had to go to the bathroom.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I think it's great that you said that. It was really shitty of the guys to be all "We're holding you up, huh? hahaha." That isn't funny. People need to be taught to have consideration for others.

Did you really work a nine hour shift without getting a break to eat? In that case I'd sure as hell be hoping to get fired from that place, too.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            marty, I support you no matter what and I do not think any of your recent posts have been sucky on your part in the least, but PLEASE take a day off or call in or something before some asshat gets you in trouble.
            I've decided to go to the good ol' free counseling services at the university. I'm hoping they'll suggest that I quit. I've saved up enough money to take the holidays off and during that time I'll be searching for a different job. Either way I've gotta get out. I'm not going to be able to handle irate holiday shoppers this year.

Comment

Marty how I envy you... I wish I had the funds saved up that I could just quit (though I may walk off on the 27th if my replacement isn't on time because there is no way in hell I'm missing my flight so the AM shift person can sleep in). But yeah, I think I'm in the same boat... I at the very least need time off (one of the reasons I'm flying home for the holiday) but may need a new job with all the crap that's going on there... that place is seriously cursed. Best of luck with whatever you do decide to do though.
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Marty, I'm going to go in the opposite direction of everyone else here. How badly do you NEED the job? You're going to uni, you've got enough money to ride you out for a while, and a manager hasn't said jack to you. When a place stops being a fun place to work, do your best to make it fun. Nothing worse than a shit college job that isn't fun. Have fun. Don't break the rules, but don't let any other jackass sonofabitch customer take away from your fun. I don't know what Gamestop pays, but it's probably not worth the peptic ulcers and anxiety you're telling us about. As long as a manager doesn't jump you about it, keep using the spine you've found in the back room. And above all else, if you need to, quit.

Comment

*gives cookies*

Keep us updated. I'd like to know if the councilors tell you to quit or not too.
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Sableonblonde View Post
                    It was really shitty of the guys to be all "We're holding you up, huh? hahaha." That isn't funny. People need to be taught to have consideration for others.
                    Bastards. I'll bet they're the sort that bitch if *you* take "too long" in helping them, about how it's wasting *their* time.
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Jack Doe View Post
                      Marty, I'm going to go in the opposite direction of everyone else here. How badly do you NEED the job? You're going to uni, you've got enough money to ride you out for a while, and a manager hasn't said jack to you. When a place stops being a fun place to work, do your best to make it fun. Nothing worse than a shit college job that isn't fun. Have fun. Don't break the rules, but don't let any other jackass sonofabitch customer take away from your fun. I don't know what Gamestop pays, but it's probably not worth the peptic ulcers and anxiety you're telling us about. As long as a manager doesn't jump you about it, keep using the spine you've found in the back room. And above all else, if you need to, quit.
                      Amen to that.

I worked at an EB on and off for several years (the same company taken over by Gamestop) and the only reason I was willing to was because I could do it on my own terms. That and I really enjoyed most of the folks I worked with.

Obviously I don't know you at all but from your previous posts you seemed like you cared whether or not you did a good job; I think if you've reached the point where you just don't care what you say or if you get fired, it's time to get out. ESPECIALLY before the holiday rush. I can't think of a more miserable time to work retail.

[By the way, I think you were right on target with what you said both to this customer and in your other recent post - those are things I've really wanted to say to SCs at my jobs!]
                      Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Quoth Jack Doe View Post
                        Marty, I'm going to go in the opposite direction of everyone else here. How badly do you NEED the job? >SNIP< As long as a manager doesn't jump you about it, keep using the spine you've found in the back room. And above all else, if you need to, quit.

What he said.
                        I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

no job or amount of money is worth your sanity. if you are unhappy in a job that you once enjoyed, it's probably time to get a new job.

good luck!
                          Standing on the moon With nothing else to do A lovely view of heaven But I'd rather be with you

Comment

I quit.

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
                              I quit.

Congrats!

Do you have a new job lined up or will you just be relaxing for a bit before doing the old job search?
                              Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Working...
                              X