This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth NCIS4Ever2001 View Post
    (snip) why is it that you're not interested in a man who has kids that are grown? (snip)
    I will start this by saying that I am romantic relationship free (aromantic + asexual = always single) as well as childfree. But even before I realised that, there was no way I would have a relationship with someone that has kids. I'm only mid thirties (holy shit I feel old every time I type that) but I've seen so many people have relationships that have collapsed due to stress around step kids.

People with kids don't just come with kids, they also come with an ex that will always be there and the ex's extended family that will want time, etc. Even if the parent does not have full time custody, that doesn't mean it won't change. I was friends with a girl in high school that was passed between her mum & stepdad and dad & stepmum constantly. Neither parent actually wanted her, they just used her as live in babysitting for their do-over kids. She ran away from both places countless times. In the end, she went to live with her grandmother and aunt.
    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

I'm only mid thirties (holy shit I feel old every time I type that)

I snicker at you from my early 50s...

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post

And I from my just-turned-61
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          And I from my just-turned-61
          I will split the difference late 50's for me and YEAH kids NO NO NO NO and did I mention NO. been there done that grand kid for deceased GF early 20s Her DD is 40 (but I do not have that much interaction with GF's DD anymore and yes I do still care about her and her life)

I have my own child and grandchild to worry about. Ex Wife yeah I hve to interact with her more now but .......
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
          X