Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never in my life thought I would have to tell a grown man, "Sir, please quit playing on the escalator."
    Expect great things, but you'll get what you get.

PossJB

Comment

I've done the running up the down escalator too. My friends and I took off out of fear of security guards. We even switched our jackets and purses around so we'd be less recognizable.

Why don't parents teach kid about the escalator monsters? My parents were lucky to have 2 examples. One was this lady we was sitting on the escalator with her son and her shirt got caught in it. The lady had my mom try to fix the shirt so both me and my sister saw the evidence.

Worse, my grandma was at the mall when she heard a bloodcurdling scream. A girl had gotten her hairstuck in the escalator. That strill makes me shudder.
      The worst is not,
      So long as we can say, 'This is the worst.' (King Lear IV.1)

Comment

I cannot for the life of me believe that this thread has managed to get all the way to almost the end of page 2 with no one mentioning Mallrats, and the bit with the escalators and the kid. I'm ashamed of you all!
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          I cannot for the life of me believe that this thread has managed to get all the way to almost the end of page 2 with no one mentioning Mallrats, and the bit with the escalators and the kid. I'm ashamed of you all!
          I'm sorry. Please spank me....to teach me a lesson of course!

Comment

Quoth Belari View Post
            I'm sorry. Please spank me....to teach me a lesson of course!

Is it me? Is it my new haircut?

Comment

*films*

OKay, Broom, you can borrow my new paddle.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                That was the first thing I thought of! But I only got here now, so I didn't have a chance to!
                I was always warned about escalators, but that required thought and consideration on my mom's part. That and a sense of protectiveness over her offspring. All of which are lacking more and more lately. Anyone else notice that?
                "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

When I worked in security, I saw a lot of people and children get seriously hurt playing on the escalators. It is not a toy people!

I never cared when some full grown idiot got hurt by his own stupidity, but children always got to me, because it was their idiot parent's fault for allowing them to play on it. I swear those parents were hoping for a pay day by allowing their children to play on it.

I watched an old woman ride the escalator (on camera) who got to the bottom and threw herself on the ground and proceeded to tell everyone around her that she was hurt and needed an ambulance. Yes, she was given $$$ by the idiot mall owner.
                  Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                    *films*

OKay, Broom, you can borrow my new paddle.
                    Wrong thread, dearie

I wouldn't mind borrowing that paddle though...

Comment

Quoth Shards View Post
                      Sorry, but I can't resist.

"I love escalators, because they never break, they simply temporarily become stairs."
                      Mitch Hedberg R.I.P.

A local radio host was talking about how his son got a toe crushed on an escalator. The kid was riding up it with his mom when his shoe got caught in the side and got sucked in. The kid really wasn't screwing around, but it is just proof that the danger exists. Playing on them only increases the danger.

Maybe we need those safety in the workplace posters the army has which show a person with a degloved finger that was caused by wearing rings near machinery. A little scare might help keep these people in line. Then agaion, they will probably sue because of the graphic image scarred their tiny brain.
                      I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
                      -The Amazing E
                      Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                        They are also not a place for you to carry several shopping bags and try to balance a stroller with a infant inside.
                        Silly question: How else should a single mother shop, then? I mean, honestly, if you are doing the above sensibly, I don't see a problem with it.

Of course, the smart single mothers use the stroller to hang their shopping bags off of while they push it.

Yes, I am a child of a one-time single mother. I have a lot of friends who are single mothers. Sometimes, you have no choice but to do these kinds of things. If you do them intelligently and balance it all well, what's the big deal?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          Silly question: How else should a single mother shop, then? I mean, honestly, if you are doing the above sensibly, I don't see a problem with it.
                          Most people would suggest to take the elevator, instead of the escalator, as usually if a place as one, it has the other somewhere near-by, because if a package suddenly shifts, and mom's reflexes twitch wrong, that stroller could go down alone. Of course, if there isn't an elevator, then you're rather stuck taking what's there.

Comment

Hot damn!

I was actually going to post something about escalators just the other day and got side-tracked.

What the frick is so damn difficult about "Walk Left - Stand Right!", "Please Hold The Hands Of Small Children At All Times", "If you are carrying packages or have a stroller, please take the elevator". (Ooops - sorry - SCs don't read!)

It is, unfortunately, getting close to snow season in my fair city. I can therefore no longer carry my umbrella (aka - pointed stick). Does anyone have any suggestions for "prodding" people to use the escalators properly? Arghhhh!

When you get to the bottom (or top) move to the side asshat! It's not going any farther than that. MOVE!

As for people who take the stairs located right beside the escalators - frick - if you move any slower, you'll be going backwards (these are not the elderly people or those who should be taking them slowly, but people who just seconds ago I saw bounding out of the subway car at the last second barreling into those trying to get in!)

One other vent about SCs and escalator manners and I'll leave the rest of those who know how to comport themselves in public places alone.

Attention SC - While waiting for your SC friends, DO NOT wait at the bottom (or top) huddled in a group, and if you took the escalator with a stroller, please move to the side ASAP to rearrange the parcels that went spilling all over the place due to your total lack of balance/intelligence! I want to get out of the freakin' building sometime today!

Thanks, I feel better now!

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                              They are also not a place for you to carry several shopping bags and try to balance a stroller with a infant inside.
                              Oh, it pissed me off to no end to see parents putting a stroller on the escalators at one of my old jobs-- when there are WARNINGS right there NOT to do it! I had a lady get snippy with me when I told her to use the elevator and accuse me of being rude to her. I told her that when it comes to ensuring the safety of my customers, I don't have to be polite.
                              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

Of course, the smart single mothers use the stroller to hang their shopping bags off of while they push it.

Yes, I am a child of a one-time single mother. I have a lot of friends who are single mothers. Sometimes, you have no choice but to do these kinds of things. If you do them intelligently and balance it all well, what's the big deal?
                                Well the elevator was about 10 feet away and the sign at the bottom which had "NO STROLLERS ALLOWED" in big red letters.

Comment

Working...
                                X