This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding the door for SC's

This just happened. I was walking back inside from the service drive and held the door for the woman walking behind me. Her response?

"I can open the door for myself, thanks."

My response?

"I could have let it slam in your face but I'm nicer than that."

Seriously, if I had let it slam in her face she would have complained about that too.

I can only hope it hits her in the ass on her way out.
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

As my dad would colorfully put it: There are people who would bitch if they were being hanged with new ropes.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Its all the womens lib.I'm not saying we should be in the kitchen barefoot and pregant but some women take it too far. Hell I had a guy the other day slam the door in my face. Plus the fact that everyone is so disconnected from everyone else,noone thinks about how their action affect another person. I long for the day when being a gentlemen comes back in style instead of this trend of men thinking women want to be insulted.

Comment

Im a woman and I hold the door for anyone. Its not a woman's lib thing, its just being damn considerate.
        Women like that piss me off.
        Miyon

Seduce, Let Loose, The Vision and The Void - Coil

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain - Blade Runner

Comment

THis is where my humanism kicks in. I don't think men should be courteous because we have ovaries. i think men and women should be courteous to everyone because we're all human (or at least look like it).

If you get to he door first, open it and hold it for anyone behind you- young old male female whatever. Please and Thank You is the lubricant of society- its amazing how quickly the engine seizes without it.

Comment

Quoth Miyon View Post
            Im a woman and I hold the door for anyone. Its not a woman's lib thing, its just being damn considerate.
            Women like that piss me off.
            I do too.I just don't understand people.I read an srticle one time(written by a man)that said that he was scared to hold doors because of womens lib.He was getting tired of getting yelled at by women.One woman I guess screamed What you think because I'm a woman I can't open the door.
            what a bunch of bitches.

Comment

Quoth Bramblerose View Post
              i think men and women should be courteous to everyone because we're all human (or at least look like it).

If you get to he door first, open it and hold it for anyone behind you- young old male female whatever. Please and Thank You is the lubricant of society- its amazing how quickly the engine seizes without it.
              I totally agree. Common courtesy seems to have gone by the wayside. Male or female, rudeness is rampant.
              "Thank God for the idiots: but for them, the rest of us could not succeed." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Ugh, I so don't get that. But I've had tons of guys tell me the same thing.

Whenever some guy holds the door open for me, I make sure to smile and say 'thank you.' Just trying to keep some civility alive...
                "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Next time respond with "You're a woman?! I was just holding the door for the guy behind me!"

Comment

Please and Thank You is the lubricant of society
                    I could take that so many ways...
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      Oh, good, I wasn't the only one. George Carlin popped into my head with his retail lullaby...

As an aside, I did this last night to some coworkers as we left the mall meeting. I was a good twenty feet ahead of them, though, and just stopped, holding the door open while they caught up. No idea why I did.
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        ... and that's what the lubricant is for

Comment

"I do not hold the door because you are a lady, but because I am a gentleman."
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

... and because I am a lady, I let you.

Some of the guys at my workplace are gentlemen. They will hold open a door even if, given the rules of who got there first and the amount of time they'd have to wait for me and so on, it would make more sense if I did for them, or if they just walked through and on and let the door close.

I don't mind the door held open for "the next person" as standard etiquette. I do feel a little "princessified" when they go to these levels, though. However, I simply acknowledge that this is their upbringing and belief system, and they are offering respect, not pity. As a lady of class, I simply smile and say "thank you" rather than bitching them out about being a fully able-bodied person who can just as equally as them manage a simple hinged door.

Comment

THis is where my humanism kicks in. I don't think men should be courteous because we have ovaries. i think men and women should be courteous to everyone because we're all human (or at least look like it).

I don't open the door because you're a woman; I do it because I am a gentleman.

grrr, GK beat me to it!!

Comment

Working...
                              X