Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oops, I forgot to activate my credit card!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops, I forgot to activate my credit card!

This was another gem from my stepdaughter the other night. She was telling me about a lady that came through her line (at Winn Dixie) and her credit card kept declining. The reason? She just received it and forgot to activate it. So, instead of "I'll come back another time", she proceeded to activate the card while nine people started piling up behind her. This took nearly five long minutes due to her dialing in the wrong credit card number or the wrong social security number.

What is it with people these days? At first, it was "Oh, I left my cash at home" and now it's "Oops, I have a non-working credit card because I didn't do what the directions told me when I opened the envelope it was in."

I'd have canceled out her order and helped the people behind her while she did that. Seriously, why does she think she's that special?

Comment

Another reason why I use cash....no need to activate it.

But yea how can you forget to do that when you get the card? I mean the envelope they ome in says to aqctivate before using and if memory serves there is also a great big sticker on it with the number ones has to call.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
        Another reason why I use cash....no need to activate it.
        also no protection once it's lost

though yeah... why is it so hard for people to look at the sticker OVER the card number saying "you must activate this card before you can use it"
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I hate when people pull that shit. And I've had it happen quite a few times... *sigh*

Customers especially love to do that with their rebate cards (I work for a cell phone store, and people will often use their mail-in rebates to make additional purchases or pay their bill). How hard is it to activate the card before you leave the house?

Knock on wood, since I've changed locations I haven't had much of a problem with these types of people...
          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I admit it, I've forgotten to activate my card once.

But you know what I did... pulled out my debit card, signed and went on my merry way.

Comment

I don't deny doing (or forgetting to) do that myself. I paid cash instead and everything was cool.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I don't think I recall ever forgetting to activate any of the credit/debit cards I've had. . .

Come to think of it, when I got my replacement check card last year, I activated it online. Took maybe 5 seconds tops.

But yep, that woman was sucky for holding up the line instead of just coming back at another time.

Also, doesn't WD have the registers where the order can be suspended if the customer has to come back later that day (in the even they've forgotten their money, for example?) I know the stores I worked at when I was with them had that feature.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I admit to doing this myself, but I carry at least 3 forms of payment on me at all times:

Debit, credit, and cash.

I'll try to use debit first since it gets rid of the middleman. Credit if I have to, and cash only as a last resort, since you can spend cash everywhere and I'd rather not have to continually run to ATM's to replenish my wallet.

Comment

Oh I've done that with my debit card once. It was supposed to be a quick sprint to Woolie's and I grabbed the (wrong) card and headed out the door. Only to realise as I got to the head of the queue that I had yet to activate it.

Not that I held anyone up. I just stepped out of line and activated it while other people were being served. I can't begin to imagine who would be so obnoxious as to keep strangers waiting while they mess about phoning their bank!
                    Will you $*&£ing mind the $*&£ing doors!

Comment

I just did this a few weeks ago. I went to the store with my mom and thought my new MasterCard was activatedit wasnt.(I did origianlly call to activate it just for some reason it was never actually activated!!). so I just used my moms debit and called when I got home to activate the card

Comment

Quoth ExHDCashier View Post
                        I just did this a few weeks ago. I went to the store with my mom and thought my new MasterCard was activatedit wasnt.(I did origianlly call to activate it just for some reason it was never actually activated!!). so I just used my moms debit and called when I got home to activate the card
                        Same thing happeed to me last week. I paid with the other card after apologising to the cashier because I felt bad for making the transaction take longer when there was a huge line.

Comment

Working...
                        X