This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and some times they lose

This SC had no receipt, just the camera. She was told she could not have a return or exchange, by the sales girl, the dept. manager, the assistant store manager, and the store manager, so she goes over all their heads. She told them it was less than 30 days, and that we were all mean. So DM tells my manager, exchange it out, use the computer to verify it is under 30 days. It is so we agree to exchange it out. A week passes, then two, and the customer comes back in, with a Different camera (never have exchanged the one that was under 30 days) This one is more money and a different brand name but she insists that this is the camera she originally wanted to exchange.

Then she ask K- my coworker if she returns this new camera she is exchanging for can she get her money back, K states that no since she "did not have a receipt ... " but the customer cuts her off and tell her to shut up that she knows the policy but the policy doesn't apply to her. K and I are stunned into silence. K takes her over to the return center on the far side of the store. 10 minutes later K is back with our camera and a big grin on her face.

The computer refused the return as we had NEVER sold a single on of that camera model in 6 months and the serial # said that camera was over a year old so even the manufacture would refuse her service!
    It was just perfect.

The "lady" left in a huff.

sounds like a scam to me, stolen at another store perhaps?
    If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Is idiocy transferred via an airbone virus or is it bad genes or something?
      The only thing great about working tech support is that it's not customer service.

Comment

Maybe she bought a refurbed camera on eBay?
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Here's what I bet happened:

Customer bought a camera a year ago. Became disatisfied with purchase ~1month ago.
          Customer buys new camera.
          Customer comes in a short time later and asks about refund, using the 2nd camera as a point of reference for the sale.
          Customer comes in two weeks later with 1st camera to scam refund, and fails.

SC
          "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Working...
          X