This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, just ... "one of us, one of us, one of us"
    If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post
      Because for theft below $5,000 and minors involved, it's really not worth it. The cops would come... after 2-3 hours... maybe (Seriously low priority call), toss them in the squad car, and drive them home, if that far. At most they'd be remanded to the custody of their parents. If for some reason it DID go to court, the court costs would cost more than what the kids had taken.

Given that the stolen property was recovered, nothing would happen. For the level of crime, banning is really the strongest they could manage, though it was a nice touch that they banned the mother too.
      Quoth Nyoibo View Post
      And this is why kids have no respect for the law or people in authority.
      No, kids have no respect for the law or people in authority because of parents like the one in this story who don't teach their kids these things and defend them even when they're presented with evidence.
      "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I know for a fact that if I find the little bastards that broke into my van I WILL press charges. They obviously dont care about me so why should I care about them??? I'd throw not just the book at them but the whole damn encyclopedia set.

Comment

Quoth Elevator View Post
          2. One of the kids was crying.
          This thread is useless without the surveillance video.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

If I stilll worked there, I probably could've talked my boss into giving me a copy, but this was at least 2 years ago.
            The only thing great about working tech support is that it's not customer service.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              Screw it, I'm a vindictive ass. I still would've called the cops, especially once mummy refused to acknowledge little pweshus of doing any wrong. Can parents be sued for loss of funds??
              To answer your query: In most states, parents are liable for torts committed by their children.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I tell you, I do not miss my 3 1/2 years of working at the movie theatre. I have never in my life encountered more uncivilized and entitled people.

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post

Tough shit...I'm told that I can't go through life by beating people to death while wearing a Daffy Duck costume. We all make these little sacrifices to society...live with it!
                  Hah! I like it - I think I'll use some variation of this next time my gf or a co-worker whines about something or other!

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                  I have a German/Polish heritage, think about how that makes me feel.
                  Almost as bad as those folks who come from Jewish families or backgrounds?

Quoth Elevator View Post
                  The reason we didn't call the cops is:
                  *snip*
                  2. One of the kids was crying.
                  *snip*
                  4. They begged us not to.
                  5. I got caught stealing some crap when I was a kid and was busted so badly that I never stole anything again. I think having them go through the whole ordeal with police who really have better stuff to do probably wouldn't have helped them any in learning a lesson.
                  So color me confused but why did having one of the little criminals cry factor into whether or not you called the cops?

And I can understand wanting to cut the kids a bit of a break and hoping to "scare them" straight - without calling the cops; I just hope it works out that way. I would just worry that the only lesson they'll take from this experience is that some crying and mommy will bail them out of any future problems.
                  Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
                    So color me confused but why did having one of the little criminals cry factor into whether or not you called the cops?

And I can understand wanting to cut the kids a bit of a break and hoping to "scare them" straight - without calling the cops; I just hope it works out that way. I would just worry that the only lesson they'll take from this experience is that some crying and mommy will bail them out of any future problems.
                    My boss has a real soft spot for kids so she usually does anything to avoid calling the cops when it comes to them.

It's kind of a double-edged sword with calling the cops. I understand that kids need to learn a lesson, but we made it very clear the repercussions of their actions had we chosen to call the police, and their mom quite visibly made it clear her feelings regarding the matter. We probably could've called the police on her, the way she was smacking her kid around in the back of her car.
                    The only thing great about working tech support is that it's not customer service.

Comment

Wait wait wait....

.....Tech support ranks above movie theater work?
                      Maybe I'm glad I never did seriously pursue the idea of working at The Grand.
                      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                        Wait wait wait....

.....Tech support ranks above movie theater work?
                        Maybe I'm glad I never did seriously pursue the idea of working at The Grand.
                        At least at TS I can wear casual clothes, browse the internet and make fun of my customers courtesy of the mute button. Plus my co-workers rock. At the theater I had to wear a crappy uniform, the people there were all teeny boppers, and
                        my boss at times could be a real hardass over a laid back job.

Comment

Working...
                        X