This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
    Not necessarily. When I get McD's fries, I don't put anything on them. They're too good as-is. Ketchup and other sauces are for fries that are not as good on their own.
    I avoid McD's fries entirely because the oil they use does vile things to my insides and tastes like crap. I like my potato goodness too much to overpower it with ketchup, though cheese and bacon are always welcome. As is the rare frozen dessert, and, sometimes, honey, honey mustard, or tartar sauce.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I forgot to give my love to the best sauce in the history of fast food sauces :

Chick-Fil-A Sauce !!

That stuff should be bottled and sold. I would buy it all !!

Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

I like sweet barbecue sauce on my fries. McD's or Wendy's preferably.
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Oh yeah, speaking of potato-y goodness...For a BBQ some cronies and I had a few months back, one of them sliced up potatoes to about "thick potato chip" size, deep fried the suckers, and seasoned them with only sea salt. They were heavenly. No sauce required
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Off topic .. fries wise here is my list of top 7 .. in order from "Oh my god these are amazing" to "Better then stabbing my tongue with a fork." This is only for fast food places however.

Rally's Fries..not a fan of much else..but *drool* their fries are awesome.
            Arby's Fries .. see Rally above..and sometimes you can switch the two .. depending on my mood (ie Arby's is sometimes my favorite)
            Burger King's
            Long John Silvers
            Buffalo Wild Wings (Seriously they are good)
            Wendy's
            Mc'D

None of which (besides the last on the list) would I put anything on.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              For a BBQ some cronies and I had a few months back, one of them sliced up potatoes to about "thick potato chip" size, deep fried the suckers, and seasoned them with only sea salt. They were heavenly. No sauce required
              *drool* Do want.

Quoth Mytical View Post
              Off topic .. fries wise here is my list of top 7 .. in order from "Oh my god these are amazing" to "Better then stabbing my tongue with a fork." This is only for fast food places however.

Rally's Fries..not a fan of much else..but *drool* their fries are awesome.
              Arby's Fries .. see Rally above..and sometimes you can switch the two .. depending on my mood (ie Arby's is sometimes my favorite)
              Burger King's
              Long John Silvers
              Buffalo Wild Wings (Seriously they are good)
              Wendy's
              Mc'D

None of which (besides the last on the list) would I put anything on.
              What is it about Rally's (Checker's in some places) fries that makes them so freaking delicious? I don't even like seasoned fries, but I love theirs. They gotta be seasoned with crack or something.

It's a shame you don't have Del Taco (only 1 location in Toledo), 'cause they have awesome crinkle cut fries. Also a shame you have no Jack in the Box stores at all. They changed their oil a while back, and it makes their fries pretty amazing (and their crispy chicken strips).

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Wendy's just made the list at all recently with their sea salt variety..they use to be even blander then McDonalds fries.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I do love me some Rally's/Checkers fries, and Wendy's Seasalt fries are great...when they actually put the seasalt on there. There are times I've gotten them that I would swear that they didn't season them at all x.x

Even more tangentially -- The local Wendy's finally moved forward into the 90's and got a self-service soft drink machine so the workers don't have to deal with refills all day long (finally!). They accomplished this when they got one of those Coke machines with the (alleged) 100+ flavor combinations in it. My question is, why can't they offer ALL flavor add-ins (orange, grape, cherry, etc) with ALL drinks? e.g., plain Coke can use all flavors, but DrPepper gets none of them at all (thus, if I want strong cherry DP, I have to mix DP with a little bit of Cherry Coke). I know it can't have anything to do with what sells in the local marketplace, can it? They offer Lime Barq's root beer, of all things (iirc). Why not just unlock all flavors for all drinks...>_< Still not sure why they don't sell MrPiBB instead of DP in there (MP is made BY Coke, DP is just *distributed* by Coke)
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    Why not just unlock all flavors for all drinks...
                    I suspect that has a lot to do with the various licensing and distribution agreements and restrictions among the various parties.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth ShootMePlease View Post
                      I forgot to give my love to the best sauce in the history of fast food sauces :

Chick-Fil-A Sauce !!

That stuff should be bottled and sold. I would buy it all !!

Oh yes . . . that stuff is out of the world good.

Only one thing better than that though - believe it or not . . . .

Boar and Castle Sauce.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

So that's why i don't get asked anymore.

meh, not like i ever used any, so i'm cool with it.

Comment

I'm another one who doesn't use sauce when I'm at a fast food restaurant. Although when I'm at home I'll use ketchup, especially when having a full english breakfast.

Comment

I do have to wonder though, how hard is it to ask if you don't just get sauce? Instead of stomping up to the counter, throwing a tantrum, etc. Which is what makes SC's what they are..SC's. Instead of noticing 'Hey I don't have any sauce' and asking for it..they go throw a fit.

It falls into the same category of ID's and such..it is the stores policy not to give out any unlessed asked, and not to ask. When people throw fits about it to the person who has no control of the policy then it is sucky.

Comment

Hey, sorry to dig up an old thread but I am catching up on stuff after my absence here.

Hello my name is Pezzle... and I'm...

I'm a taco hell sauce drinker.

And I use 3-4 packets per taco. 2 Fire and 1-2 mild. It makes it all come together like magic.

:<

Comment

Working...
                              X