This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee vendor suck

Posting this here since they aren't customers, nor are they CWs or managers.

In short, we have a new coffee vendor who does not want to sell us coffee.

A brief history of our vendor. It used to be a rep would come, clean our carafes, take our order, and give us our product. Then, they switched to an Internet ordering system. I bitched about that, because with the Coffee Guy, I would tell him our coffee budget for the month and he'd give us product, and I didn't have to think about it. Still, the Internet ordering had its conveniences. We could order at our leisure, for one.

Well, Coffee Company got bought out by a water company, of all things. And, well, things have REALLY gone to shit.

Now, it's back to sending reps to us. That's if they show up. After the acquisition, no one showed up for two and a half months. We kept calling the coffee people. The lady we talked to was retained from before, and she wasn't sucky herself. She was helpless, though. She couldn't take our order. She could only apologize to us and try to dispatch the New Coffee Guy to make a stop at our location. We ran out of coffee, and had to purchase coffee at the grocery store and make our own coffee packs to fit into our coffee maker.

When New Coffee Guy finally did show up....he had four boxes of coffee on his truck. That was it. No creamer, sugar, tea, or other supplies. Just four boxes, which we can easily go through in a month. That's all they had to offer us. Like I said, they're a coffee vendor that doesn't want to actually sell us coffee supplies.

Last weekend, I had to go buy some bulk sugar because we ran completely out. (Fortunately in the case of sugar, I can actually buy it for less at Cash & Carry than the vendor will supply it for through their contract.)

I guess we aren't the only property having issues with this new vendor, because it sounds like Corporate is not happy with them. We have it a bit worse than others being a small property while also being the furthest from their distribution areas (afaik, no one else had a 2.5 month wait where they couldn't order), but it sounds like nobody else is liking them, either.
    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 01-29-2013, 03:44 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Sounds like it's _way_ past time to switch vendors...

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
      Now, it's back to sending reps to us. That's if they show up. After the acquisition, no one showed up for two and a half months. We kept calling the coffee people. The lady we talked to was retained from before, and she wasn't sucky herself. She was helpless, though. She couldn't take our order. She could only apologize to us and try to dispatch the New Coffee Guy to make a stop at our location. We ran out of coffee, and had to purchase coffee at the grocery store and make our own coffee packs to fit into our coffee maker.
      Is this an "operated by employees" coffee maker, or is it for in-room coffee makers? If the former, why not just have a scoop the right size, rather than pre-making packets? Alternately, doesn't the cash-and-carry sell coffee premeasured into "one-shot" packets?

Definitely time to find a new coffee vendor.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

It's an "operated by employees" one.

I haven't had the chance to check Cash & Carry to see if they have the right size packets (the only time I've been sent on coffee runs has been emergency runs to the grocery store at 6am, and I didn't think to check when I went and got sugar).

We have to make packets ourselves if we use loose grounds. Just using a filter and scooping coffee in does not end well. We so far haven't found filters large enough for the coffee maker (it's not your standard size and isn't designed for loose grounds anyway), and the coffee grounds will get EVERYWHERE unless you actually make a sealed packet (which we do by stapling filters together).
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

We have to make packets ourselves if we use loose grounds. Just using a filter and scooping coffee in does not end well. We so far haven't found filters large enough for the coffee maker (it's not your standard size and isn't designed for loose grounds anyway), and the coffee grounds will get EVERYWHERE unless you actually make a sealed packet (which we do by stapling filters together).
          My bad - when you said "packets", I assumed the (very common) foil packets that you tear open and dump into a filter. Still, sounds like you need a new coffee vendor.

Comment

unless you actually make a sealed packet (which we do by stapling filters together).
            You could probably avoid using staples by creatively folding the edges of the two filters together. Just sayin'. (It would probably take some experimenting to get it just right, of course.) Look into how origami artists get things to stick together; I've gotten ideas for the weirdest things from origami.
            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
              I've gotten ideas for the weirdest things from origami.
              101 thrills not found in the Kama Sutra -- A new frontier for the chiropractor.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                101 thrills not found in the Kama Sutra -- A new frontier for the chiropractor.
                GAH! Rule #1 violation!
                I need a new keyboard!
                No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                  You could probably avoid using staples by creatively folding the edges of the two filters together. Just sayin'. (It would probably take some experimenting to get it just right, of course.) Look into how origami artists get things to stick together; I've gotten ideas for the weirdest things from origami.
                  You could always have someone with a sewing machine sew them together.

Comment

Quoth suburbandecay View Post
                    You could always have someone with a sewing machine sew them together.
                    Ok at that point they'll have expended as much effort as just hunting down the coffee guy and stealing his truck full of supplies.

Which I wouldn't normally recommend, but if he refuses to show up, then it seems only fair...
                    Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Pirates of the Coffee Bean?

Comment

And if the mocha option is made with a certain chocolate substitute instead of real chocolate, would that make you pirates of the carob bean?

Comment

I'm thinking that the coffee company is ripping off corporate by billing for goods w/o actually delivering them.
                          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
                          X