This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got stabbed at work today

Lawn and Garden shit is coming in gangbusters. To backstock it all required me to move a bunch of crap around in the backroom.

One particular item needing to be moved; stake solar lights. You push it into the ground and it lights up after dark. These particular ones have a stake that comes to a point at the bottom. A very sharp point.

So I pick the box up off the shelf, and two of the lights come down at me. One gets me in the cheek, the other in my arm--where it nearly sticks.

I've got a nice little puncture wound that bled a little, but not too much.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Glad you're not too badly hurt. I hope you get to find the dumbass who stacked the shit like that and kick him in the nuts. I was almost killed a few years back in a similar incident. Some dumbass stacked some heavy furniture legs on a top shelf, I moved something and almost caught one in the head.

Working with morons can kill you.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Owie. Glad you weren't hurt too badly too.
      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

This is why I'm glad the ones we have at home you pull the stake off, turn it around (point up) and store it in the handle. My daughter likes to carry them around so I do that when she is outside.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          I've got a nice little puncture wound that bled a little, but not too much.
          Owie! I hope you've got good workman's comp, and the wounds don't get infected.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

indeed! You could've lost your eyesight!
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Holy crap! Glad you're alright!
              Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

When I first read the thread title I thought some crazy person or and overly angry custy stabed you, I'm glad that wasn't the case and you're not seriously injured.
                ......../\
                ....../__\
                ..../\...../\
                ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
                  Glad you're not too badly hurt. I hope you get to find the dumbass who stacked the shit like that and kick him in the nuts. I was almost killed a few years back in a similar incident. Some dumbass stacked some heavy furniture legs on a top shelf, I moved something and almost caught one in the head.

Working with morons can kill you.
                  A buddy of mine had a near miss from a barbell weight from similar circumstances. Someone top loaded the box it was in and when he pulled it down from over his head, the weight came out of the box. It missed his foot by a few inches and went right through the drop floor of the trailer.

Comment

I'm glad to hear that you lived to tell the tale.
                    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

We had a woman at our store that was in the fixture room and had some improperly stacked shelves fall on her feet. Broke both feet and ended up having to have someone come and get her. They put her on light duty when she came back (made her operater).
                      "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

"The Clearance Swamp: Even the products are stabbity."
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                        X