This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish me luck ...

So tomorrow brother and family and sister and family are flying in to help celebrate mom's 80th birthday and brother's 50th.

And also to check on my housekeeping.

*sigh*

Last time brother was here, I have to admit the place was Chaos Central. I have made serious efforts to neaten it up (at least the upstairs; the basement still doesn't look too hot, but it would be nice if I had functioning lights to work by ... probably 3/4 of the lights down there have burned out).

Before he left, brother gently advised me the place should be "immaculate" for the checkup. I have no idea exactly what "immaculate" means, in this context. If he expects the house to look like our maternal grandmother's, hey, I'll start packing to move this weekend. It ain't gonna happen. Ever.

OTOH, if he just means it better look a damn sight better than it did last time he was here, I've got it largely under control, though I still have some things to do. ( THE FRIDGE! THE FRIDGE!! )

Anyway, it's less brother's reaction that I'm worried about than sister's (although brother, being mom's power of attorney, will ultimately have the final say).

Sooo ... wish me luck, that I've done well enough to pass muster.

My advice on the cleaning... Do it in half hour increments.

Comment

Good idea, thanks!

Comment

Good luck Pixel! You got this!
        Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks, guys! I think I got it ... I couldn't get to the basement for a couple of reasons but the upstairs is now so freakin' clean I can't bring myself to eat in the kitchen because then I have to do the dishes right away and then I have to scrub down the sink and counter and drainboard and then I have to check the faucets and floor for water spots ... Thank goodness they're only gonna be here for three or four days!

At any rate, the 'inspection' is not tonight, thank goodness. Brother and sister have arrived in Our Hometown; brother has called to let me know, but he and family had to get up at 3 a.m. Prairie time to catch their flight, and he told me sis and family had to get up at 3 a.m. West Coast time to catch their flight, so chances are good the only thing any of them are gonna be doing is going to bed ... if they haven't already (it's 6 p.m. local time). Tomorrow is lunch with Mom and then birthday supper with brother, so that probably takes care of tomorrow. Saturday is Mom's party which runs from 1-3 p.m. so that will likely be the day when bro and sis show up here (IIRC sis and family leave on Sunday, and probably at some unholy hour again).

Who knows, I might even have time to get MORE done!

Comment

Working...
            X